Are you ready to take your Human Resource career to the next level? The Department of Health’s Human Resource Office is seeking to fill a Human Resources Analyst 2 position in Employee Relations. If you want to learn and grow in your career and work with a great team, this is a perfect opportunity for you. Join our team and unleash your potential!
This position will give you the opportunity to perform human resource work in the field of Employee Relations for the Department of Health by application of general principles and concepts of employee relations. You will serve as a point of contact and expert resource for managers and supervisors.
The role of the Human Resource Analyst 2 will focus on providing guidance and consultation to all levels of management regarding contract interpretation and administration; disciplinary actions; subcontracting and preservation of bargaining unit work issues; meeting and discussing obligations and local agreements; the Governor's Code of Conduct; and all other facets of the employee relations function. Additional duties will include conducting investigations into complaints of alleged employee policy violations, work performance concerns, time and attendance issues, inappropriate work conduct, and preparing written reports in regard to findings and recommendations.
Additional details regarding the duties of this position may be found in the position description.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Full-time employment.
- Work hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday - Friday, with 30-minute lunch.
- Telework: You may have the opportunity to work from home (telework) part-time. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to an office in the Health & Welfare Building in Harrisburg.
- Salary: In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- One year as a Human Resource Analyst 1 including six months in the area of the parenthetical; or
- One year of experience in the performance of professional human resource duties, including six months of experience in the area of the parenthetical; and a bachelor's degree; or
- An equivalent combination of experience and training.
- You must meet the PA residency requirement. For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency.
- You must be able to perform essential job functions.
How to Apply:
- Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Your application must be submitted by the posting closing date. Late applications and other required materials will not be accepted.
- Failure to comply with the above application requirements may eliminate you from consideration for this position.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
- 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodations due to a disability, please discuss your request for accommodations with the interviewer in advance of your interview date.
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
- You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.