This position is the HIPP Operations Specialist for the HIPP Program Harrisburg office which is vital to the success of the Program.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS, AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
The duties for this job include reviewing and enrolling client's in the employer's health insurance, setting up payment arrangements and maintaining cases.
- Full-time employment
- Work hours 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, Monday - Friday with a 30-minute lunch period
The HIPP Program helps the citizens of PA by purchasing health insurance benefits for them through their employer when it is cost effective to do so. It is rewarding to know that we are helping the clients as well as saving money for the Commonwealth at the same time.Qualifications:
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - One year of experience as a Third Party Liability or Medical Assistance Program Technician; OR four years of experience in the review and analysis of medical insurance policies and premiums, reviewing and responding to inquiries relating to applicable service or benefits in health care insurance programs, health care services or Medical Assistance program services; OR an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Based on your answers to the application supplemental questions regarding education, you may be instructed to attach a copy of your college transcripts to your application. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided