Transport is at the core of modern society. Imagine using your expertise to shape sustainable transport solutions for the future? If you seek to make a difference on a global scale, working with next-gen technologies and the sharpest collaborative teams, then we could be a perfect match.
Our mission is to drive prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions.
At Group Truck Technology (GTT), we develop Research and Development solutions in alignment with this mission. For us, technology means the aspiration to constantly move and improve. It requires innovative thinking and revolutionary problem-solving through inspiring teamwork to come up with solutions that support our customers, increase safety, and reduce the environmental impact.
Empowerment, accountability, and simplicity are key principles guiding us in our daily work.
Our North American Group Truck Technology (GTT NA) R&D Division is core to the development of these transport solutions. Talented, high caliber colleagues are the drivers of our success.
Powertrain Engineering (PE) is a global development function, with the US-based division delivering both the powertrain systems of today and tomorrow. Located in Hagerstown, Maryland, the PE team consists of approximately 200 colleagues and is co-located with the powertrain manufacturing organization.
What you will do
The Vice President, Powertrain Engineering, North America will hold multiple roles on a global, country, and local level.
As a part of the worldwide GTT team, this Vice President is responsible for setting and executing the functional strategy and ensuring cohesiveness across the multiple contributing geographies.
As a member of the North American GTT Site Team, this Vice President represents Powertrain, and collaborate other functional leaders with regard to geographic business strategy and achievement, people, processes and operations.
This Vice President has full responsibility for the teams accountable to deliver the propulsion systems of today and related new technologies for tomorrow. This leader is the face of Powertrain engineering, internally and externally. Their leadership will help to optimize the current fuel combustion powertrain systems through application of components tailored for different models. Their vision of the future will help drive the direction of future technologies, seeking to meet customer needs in collaboration with other global sites. This Vice President understands the value of ensuring the customer contributes in design processes and engineering outcomes and proactively seeks to include them. In addition to being an excellent technical leader, this Vice President is a seasoned people-leader, successful at maximizing product development output through creating a winning team that displays excellent collaboration with other sites, functions and suppliers. Their leadership experience and approach will be integral to bring about the culture change needed for an inclusive and innovative environment that enables engineers from all backgrounds to collaborate and deliver market-oriented solutions and innovations.
Who are you?
Do you dream big? We do too, and we are excited to grow together. In this role, you will bring:
- Broad technical knowledge, with depth in several technical domains (e.g. mechanical, electronics, software, chemical, computer science, data analytics, etc.)
- Inspiring leadership, able to motivate diverse, global colleagues and teams.
- Global awareness, to ensure cross boundary collaboration and achievement of objectives.
- Strategic thinking with ability to simplify complex information into simple themes and highlight key issues.
- Communicator, able to easily convey ideas clearly, succinctly and in a timely manner that will be heard by the audience.
- Team building, to actively develop a high-performance culture and to identify grow exceptional talent.
- Master's Degree in Engineering or a related field
- 15+ years’ experience in engineering development, with depth in combustion systems and leading powertrain development.
- Successful progressive leadership experience, including managing managers in a matrixed, global environment.
- Demonstrated business skills.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a solid package of compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Generous paid time off including paid caregiver and parental leave policies.
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans.
- Working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first.
- Focus on professional and personal development through Volvo Group University.
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier.
- Want to learn more about these programs? Continue your exploratory journey with us here.
Ready for the next move?
Apply today and join us on our journey to change the future of the transportation industry.
We value your data privacy and therefore do not accept applications via mail.
Who we are and what we believe in
Our focus on Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity allows each of us the opportunity to bring our full authentic self to work and thrive by providing a safe and supportive environment, free of harassment and discrimination. We are committed to removing the barriers to entry, which is why we ask that even if you feel you may not meet every qualification on the job description, please apply and let us decide.
Applying to this job offers you the opportunity to join Volvo Group. Every day, across the globe, our trucks, buses, engines, construction equipment, financial services, and solutions make modern life possible. We are almost 100,000 people empowered to shape the future landscape of efficient, safe and sustainable transport solutions. Fulfilling our mission creates countless career opportunities for talents with sharp minds and passion across the group’s leading brands and entities.
Group Trucks Technology are seeking talents to help design sustainable transportation solutions for the future. As part of our team, you’ll help us by engineering exciting next-gen technologies and contribute to projects that determine new, sustainable solutions. Bring your love of developing systems, working collaboratively, and your advanced skills to a place where you can make an impact. Join our design shift that leaves society in good shape for the next generation.