Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Allegheny County, PA
Perform entry-level technical work in Construction or Maintenance areas.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
Work Hours: 7:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday, 30 minute lunch period
This position has a 12-month training program.
• Performs a variety of beginning-level duties designed to develop technical skills and proficiency in a specialized field of engineering technology such as: surveying, drafting and designing; utility relocations; environmental planning; geotechnical, construction and materials inspection; and traffic control or traffic planning.
• Apply the principles of engineering technology.
• Read and interpret technical literature, engineering plans, and tables.
• Apply the principles and methods of the physical sciences to technical engineering problems.
• Effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
PA residency requirement
– For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the
and click on Residency
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
An associate degree in surveying, drafting, designing, civil, or any other appropriate field of engineering technology.
A copy of your college transcripts must be submitted with your application. You may upload your document as an Attachment during the application process.
Must be able to perform essential job functions
Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to
and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at
Score valid for this specific posting only
Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
Provide complete and accurate information or:
score may be lower than deserved
application processing may be delayed
disqualification may result
May only test
under this announcement
Email notice of test results provided
Further information on testing, assistance for persons with disabilities, veterans' preference, and other items can be obtained from:
: 2nd Level, Strawberry Sq. Complex, 320 Market St., P.O. Box 569, Hbg., 17108-0569; Telephone (717) 783-3058
: 110 North 8th St., Suite 503, Phila., 19107
: 411 Seventh Ave., Room 410, Pgh., 15219
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS)
: 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
Share this job