Reporting to the Director TV Programming and Airtime Allocation, you will operate at a cross category level to guide the most effective on-air asset allocation strategies, across all live broadcast platforms. You will partner directly with Buying, Planning, Programming, Digital Commerce and Financial Planning to help increase on air assets concerning company & productivity goals.
Who We Are
QVC empowers shoppers with knowledge and shares insights in a lively and engaging way. We offer an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products – from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry – and we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories and award-winning customer service. QVC reaches more than 200 million homes worldwide via its 12 broadcast networks and reaches millions more via multiple streaming services, websites, mobile apps and social pages.
Programming is at the core of the business. The Programming department ensures each show goes to air in the best time slot so we can maximize our sales, and each month build our monthly schedule to ensure variety and frequency guidelines are followed.
- You will lead quarterly category roadmaps optimizing assets allocated across all current and future TV channels, to achieve our financial plan as built by the MFP team, applying a customer focus.
- You will represent category function in meetings and discussions while advocating for total company through the allocation and use of assets providing strategy and achievability of the financial plan.
- You will partner with Merchandising, Merchandise Financial Planning, and TV Programming Manager to develop a detailed sales and airtime plan by Category which will exceed our Scripted Financial Plan.
- You will develop strategies and make recommendations based on our performance and history.
- You will lead the strategic development of detailed sales and airtime requests by Category with a collaborative focus on ensuring that our Scripted Plans can be achieved.
- You will manage Planned Show Review process to inform the Annual Financial Plan by Category.
- You will manage and forecast base airtime, sales and margin at the monthly level to inform the Financial Forecast by Category.
- You will establish and update Show goals before calendar release and inform senior management on concerns versus sales plan.
- You will build tools for identification of risk to financial plan at a monthly and category level to be used during BSW process.
- You will reconcile and communicate to the leadership team of the financial impact of the Programming calendars to ensure that they tie to the plan by month/quarter.
- You will maintain high levels of connectivity across category leadership relative to the optimization of total company on air assets.
What You Bring
Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent business experience in a retail environment.
- Minimum 5-8 years business experience in a corporate environment.
- Strong financial skills.
- Analyze large amounts of data and draw relevant conclusions to have positive effects on business.
#MLT #BMAA #LI-KS1
Remote work is not permitted in NYC at this time.