At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Balance Sheet Expert within PNC's Finance organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA.
The Balance Sheet Expert will be primarily focused on working with moderate size data used to support model based PPNR (Pre Provision Net Revenue) projections. This position will support data gathering, maintenance and data analysis activities while working with the Line of Business, Line of Business Finance, PPNR Modeling Group and the Enterprise Data Governance group. Experience with SAS, R and SQL is highly desired.
- Executes business strategy and coordinates responses and remediation activities. Performs financial analysis, conducts research and prepares and delivers presentations. Participates in stress testing efforts.
- Researches and collects information for PNC's balance sheet.
- Analyzes, reviews and presents risk analytics, including documentation and templates, to senior team members.
- Influences lines of business in understanding specific line items of PNC's balance sheet and income statements. Works with various review teams, including model risk management, internal and external audit, and regulators.
- Coordinates responses and remediation activities. Manages staff and processes.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAsset and Liability Management (ALM) – Knowledge of asset and liability tools, techniques and business practices; ability to manage, measure, and monitor risks associated with assets and liabilities.Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Liquidity Management – Knowledge of and ability to utilize the tools, techniques, and acceptable business practices associated with managing a client's short-term cash position for optimum benefit.Market Risk – Knowledge of processes, tools, and techniques used for analyzing market risk; ability to assess and manage investment exposures to market risk.Regulatory Environment - Financial Services – Knowledge of and ability to help an organization adapt to applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practices.Written Communications – Knowledge of written communications issues and ability to produce a variety of business documents that demonstrate command of language, clarity of thought, and orderliness of presentation.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.