NIGHT SHIFT - 11pm - 7am / Sunday PM to Thursday PM.
Hourly Salary Range - $25-$35 plus $2 Shift Differential!!
MI Windows and Doors is seeking an EDM Machinist to join our team in Millersburg, PA. This is a full-time night shift opportunity starting at 11pm - 7pm with possible mandatory overtime as required. On the job training will take place during - Monday - Friday on Day shift - 7am - 3pm. You must have knowledge in tool & die work and machine shop best practices. If you are looking for career in a fast paced, manufacturing environment then this could be the perfect role for you!
We are a local, family-owned company. We offer cross training and opportunities for career growth. We encourage our team members to take on new roles, advance their careers and offer tuition reimbursement. Our team member's health and safety are our top priorities. MI has enhanced safety protocols put in place to promote a healthy work environment. Why work at MITER?
Desired applicant should have strong background with Electric Discharge Machinery (EDM). Knowledge of set up and operate shop machinery, such as Manual Vertical Mills, Manual Lathes and EDM & CNC Milling Machines, and repair tools for extrusion equipment is needed.
Set up and operate shop machinery, such as Manual Vertical Mills, Manual Lathes and EDM & CNC Milling Machines, and repair tools for extrusion equipment.
- Set-up & operation of manual and EDM & CNC machines.
- Perform corrective and preventative maintenance of tools and dies.
- Lay out, machines, fits, assembles, and finishes metal parts to repair molds for vinyl extrusion tools.
- Inspects completed parts per specifications or drawing requirements.
- Determine best approach and layout sequence of operations required for job.
- Use shop equipment to make or modify parts and make necessary tool adjustments.
- Perform machine tool operations, including unusual and challenging set ups
- Machine material to very close tolerances and fits.
- Maintain machinery and tooling, notifying manager of defects or shortages.
- Assist in other areas of fabrication to complete projects.
- Collaborate with other machinists & maintenance staff as needed for fabrication.
- Provide engineering personnel support as needed for fabrication of project items.
- Works on maintaining the Methodology of Lean Manufacturing in the department.
- Performs other shop duties and projects as required at the discretion of management.
- Must follow all safety rules in the company.
- Able to read micrometer, gauges, comparator, and blueprints.
- Basic set-up & operations of EDM & CNC mills.
- Perform skilled bench work with hand and hand power tools involving filing, scraping, grinding, lapping, fitting, assembling, and adjusting to ensure satisfactory operation.
JOB PERFORMANCE METRICS
- Quality of work performed.
- Efficiency of work performed. On time delivery of scheduled projects and emergency work.
- Continuous improvement through initiative and training opportunities.
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must have acceptable vision for working with machinery, inspection tools, and safety notices must be read.
- Must have acceptable hearing to be able to follow verbal instructions and hear alarms.
- Knowledge in tool & die work and machine shop best practices.
- Self-motivated, focused, and detail minded.
- Ability to apply basic math skills and trigonometry concepts.
- Experience with CAD/CAM software (preferred).
JOB SAFETY ANALYSIS
Sequence of Job Steps Potential Hazards Recommended Action
Moving Parts to Machines Cuts, scraps, & Strains Training & Safety Glasses
Set-up Machines Back injury & minor cuts Use lifting aids & Gloves
Machine as necessary Eye injury from debris Safety Glasses & Training
Polish and Inspect Eye strain-polish liquids Safety Glasses & Good light
Heavy Lifting Back injury or strain Proper Lifting Training
MITER Brand benefits package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness for you and your eligible spouse/dependents. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a 401k with company match and generous paid time off to help you balance your life. Our medical plans include a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) or Health Savings Account (HSA) option to help you save for health care costs. Below is a list of benefits you will enjoy while working with our company.
- Medical plans with HRA or HSA options
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Supplemental Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurances
- Company paid Short-Term Disability
- Company paid Long-Term Disability
- Paid time off (PTO), including Vacation, Personal, and 8 paid Holidays
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Yearly Wellness Clinic
MITER Brands is an equal opportunity employer. MI Windows and Doors does not discriminate based on religion, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, handicap, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other applicable legally protected category.
Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Works well as a member of a group
Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Inspired to perform without outside help
Ability to Make an Impact:
Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Experience with CAD/CAM software (preferred).
Ability to apply basic math skills and trigonometry concepts.
Knowledge in tool & die work and machine shop best practices.