Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven
We are CAES, a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
Have a passion for Quality and Servant Leadership? CAES is seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineering Manager to provide resources to assist the Value Streams with the capability to produce product safely to the required specification, cost, quality, and timescales. In addition, the Manufacturing Engineering manager will oversee the work activities associated with the development, implementation, and maintenance of manufacturing methods, processes and activities. This role reports to the Senior Director of Operations for the Electronic Warfare and Integrated Solutions Business Area.
Located in a sprawling complex in Montgomery County, our Lansdale PA site offers competitive wages, benefits coverage on day 1, lucrative company-match on our 401(k), a work schedule allowing every other Friday off, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO, along with 11 paid holidays per year.
In this role, you will co-ordinate process and manufacturing engineering participation in the CAES Lifecycle Management process to successfully introduce new products into production, participating in the reviewing of engineering designs to contribute quality and manufacturing requirements and considerations as well as manage and facilitate all process engineering activities associated with keeping all relevant manufacturing areas in value added work, and to promote best practice and methodologies in accordance with agreed business plans.
- Provide leadership for the day to day direction of the manufacturing engineering team.
- Promote quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Oversee the activities associated with developing new or modified process formulation, defining processing or handling equipment requirements and specifications, and reviewing process techniques and methods applied in the manufacture, fabrication and evaluation of products.
- Conceive and plan projects involving definition and selection of new concepts, equipment automation technology and approaches in the processing development of new or improved processes.
- Facilitate robust, cost efficient, safe manufacturing processes and product structures consistent with standard methods of work utilizing lean manufacturing principles.
- Be aware of process constraints and provide solutions as appropriate.
- Promote a structured approach to root cause problem solving where quality, cost or delivery are substandard as a result of process definition or capability.
- Identify and define methods and practices to reduce variation.
- Manage departmental and capital budgets.
- Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Coach, counsel, mentor and provide developmental opportunities and job assignments to enhance employee performance and expand capabilities. Provides on-going developmental feedback. Recognize contributions of individuals and teams to improve employee satisfaction and retain a skilled and motivated workforce.
- Develop work group, project or operational goals, objectives and related metrics to ensure alignment with Company vision/strategy. Measure progress, making adjustments as needed. Hold direct reports accountable for achieving goals. Achieve goals for productivity, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Establish partnerships and relationships with internal customers, stakeholders, peers and direct reports.
- Convey organizational messages to facilitate the accomplishment of work group, project or process goals. Proactively communicate with employees, peers (e.g., fellow managers) and customers. Keep others informed by communicating project status, conducting and participating in team meetings, providing presentations and listening to employee concerns and suggestions. Communicate policies and directives to enhance employee awareness of expectations.
- BS required in Engineering, plus six (6+) years of people leadership experience or four (4+) years in people leadership experience with a Master’s degree in Engineering.
- Three (3+) years of electronic component or electro-mechanical process manufacturing experience:
- Circuit Card Assembly (CCA), including Surface Mount Technology, through hole, micro-electronics assembly
- System level electro mechanical assembly
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by US export laws. In order to be eligible for this position, you must be a “US Person” under US export laws (or eligible for approval under a U.S. Government export license).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Aerospace or Electro-Mechanical Engineering.
- Five (5+) years of leadership within a manufacturing engineering environment.
- Five (5+) as a manufacturing engineer.
- Defense or High-Reliability experience a major plus!
- Experience with management of Capital Expenditures.
- Electronic component or electro-mechanical process manufacturing experience to include:
- Cable & Harness Assembly
- Machining & finishing (painting)
- Plastic lay-up molding
- Lean manufacturing practitioner expertise.
- Team facilitation and leadership (Lean and Root Cause Problem Solving) expertise.
- NPI experience, including manufacturing process management and improvement.
- Bid and Proposal generation and process management (Basis of Estimate generation).
- Active DoD clearance.
CAES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of CAES to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. CAES will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
CAES is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@caes.com