Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Qurate Retail Group comprises six leading retail brands – QVC®, HSN®, Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill® and Grandin Road® – all dedicated to providing a more human way to shop. Qurate Retail Group is the largest player in video commerce ("vCommerce"), which includes video-driven shopping across linear TV, ecommerce sites, digital streaming and social platforms.
QVC is looking for their next Assistant Sourcing Specialist! Reporting to our Manager of Global Sourcing, the Assistant Sourcing Specialist supports the lifecycle day-to-day management throughout product development, bulk order commitment and garment delivery.
Who We Are
QVC empowers shoppers with knowledge and shares insights in a lively and engaging way. We offer an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products – from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry – and we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories and award-winning customer service. QVC reaches more than 200 million homes worldwide via its 12 broadcast networks and reaches millions more via multiple streaming services, websites, mobile apps and social pages.
- Work closely with Sourcing Manager, Design and Development throughout our ongoing development process to identify trends and fabrications to be developed by our overseas sourcing partners.
- Identify the sourcing partners and suppliers in collaboration with the Sourcing Manager within our vendor matrix for all pre-season design and fabric development as well as techpack allocation for a specific business as assigned
- Assist Sourcing Manager in the fabric and trim development processes for the brands assigned
- Review costing sheets for accuracy. Challenge and negotiate costings to meet Merchant's target prices for specific business
- Collaborate with Sourcing Specialists to include new and reorders in materials management to increase efficiencies
- Build relationships with suppliers and offices to streamline day-to-day operations
- Define and address problems, issues and concerns that impact the operations
- Increase ongoing collaboration with support teams within QVC, including Creative and Technical Design, QA, Supply Chain, Vendor Relations and Legal
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Merchandising, Marketing, Business, Product Design preferred)
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience
Remote work is not permitted in NYC at this time.