Are you interested in joining a highly motivated team of internal auditors focused on providing a variety of risk-based engagement services throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania? Would you enjoy applying your skills as an auditor to help safeguard assets and provide oversight of taxpayer dollars used to support the functions of PA state government? If you wish to explore a rewarding career that offers great benefits, training, and opportunities for advancement, then we invite you to apply for this Audit Specialist 3 opportunity within the Bureau of Audits!
This position gives you the opportunity to lead a variety of audits, engagements, and reviews in accordance with generally accepted government auditing standards. Responsibilities include developing risk assessment or evaluating risk assessment developed by staff based on audit objectives, developing or reviewing the development of the audit program and objectives, and interpreting agreements, contracts, policies, legislation, rules, and regulations.
In this role, you will conduct audit testing in accordance with the audit program, develop questions in order to gain an understanding of auditee’s policies and procedures, obtain documents from auditee to conduct audit testing and to support the auditee’s policies and procedures, analyze documents prepared by staff, prepare and review audit findings and recommendations, and complete final audit reports in preparation for management review. You will be expected to adhere to all office policies and Commonwealth directives, the Code of Conduct, and work toward achievement of Office of the Budget and Bureau of Audit objectives and performance measures. You will report to the Audit Manager and will be expected to communicate the progress of assignments or specific issues related to audit work and will assign work to the Executive Audit Specialists and Executive Financial Associates.
Interested in learning more? Additional details regarding this position can be found in the position description.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Full-time employment
- Work hours are 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday, with 60-minute lunch.
- AWS (alternate work schedule) may be available upon successful completion of the probationary period.
- Telework: You may be expected to work from home (telework) full-time, with occasional in-office days when work dictates such requirements. Please keep in mind, that while this is a full-time telework position, that can change at any time at the Governor's discretion. You must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Harrisburg.
- Salary: In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- One year as an Audit Specialist 2; or
- Three years of professional auditing experience and a bachelor's degree including or supplemented by eighteen  credits in accounting and auditing; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which included the required eighteen  credits in accounting and auditing.
- This particular position also requires 2 years of demonstrated experience in any one of the following areas:
- Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS/Yellow Book)
- Institute of Internal Audit (IIA) Standards
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) Standards
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Standards
- Standards for Internal Control in the Federal Government (Green Book)/COSO
- Note: Any combination of experience equaling 2 years in the above areas is acceptable.
- You must meet the PA residency requirement. For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency.
- You must be able to perform essential job functions.
How to Apply:
- Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Your application must be submitted by the posting closing date. Late applications and other required materials will not be accepted.
- Failure to comply with the above application requirements will eliminate you from consideration for this position.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
- 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodations due to a disability, please discuss your request for accommodations with the interviewer in advance of your interview date.
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
- You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.