About the Position: The US Army Corps of Engineers, Regional Rivers Repair Fleet (R3F), is actively seeking applications to fill multiple vacancies. Intern positions are designed to prepare student trainee's for employment after graduation as a Maintenance Worker and will be assigned tasks designed to increase familiarity with the target occupation.
Positions will be filled under the Department of Army Pathways Intern Program. Click here or more information on Pathways program participation.Who May Apply: Students who are eligible for participation in the Department of the Army Internship Program
Positions are open to current students pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate in an accredited high school, college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution on at least a half-time basis (as defined by the institution in which the student is enrolled). Short-term training programs (e.g., several two-week programs completed) are not considered an academic course of study.
Internship for current students in good standing at an accredited education.
For this internship, you must be able to work in one of the physical locations advertised while attending/enrolled in school. When not attending classes you are required to work (i.e. summers, fall and spring breaks, etc.).
This intern position is designed to prepare a student trainee for employment after graduation as a Maintenance Mechanic. Interns will be assigned tasks designed to increase familiarity with the target occupation in a real world work environment.
This opportunity follows a standard promotional path:
See requirements for conversion to permanent or term position in the "Additional Information" section below.
- Internship selection will be made at the WG-03. These grade levels are what typical college students in their may qualify.
- Within 120 days after completion of Internship requirements, you may be eligible for conversion to the entry-level for the target occupation. Entry level for these positions are typically at the WG-08 level. The actual grade level at the time of conversion depends on academic achievement and other factors.
- The full performance level of this position is WG-10.
- Progression from the entry-level to the full performance level for this occupation will depend on successful completion of all requirements for promotion. Promotions may be considered after a year at each grade level, but are not guaranteed to occur on a specific time schedule.
For qualification purposes, an academic year is computed as follows:
- At the undergraduate level, successfully completed education that has not led to possession of a degree is credited based on its relationship to 120 semester hours or 180 quarter hours. For example, 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours is comparable to 1 year of undergraduate education. Four years of progressive study or 120 semester hours meets the degree requirements. Additional credit cannot be given for duplicate course work.
- For study at a business or technical school, 36 weeks of study (20+ classroom hours per week) is comparable to 1 academic year above high school.
- An academic year of graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours that the school attended has determined to represent 1 academic year of full-time study. This determination is made based on normal course loads for a full year of study in the graduate program. If that information cannot be obtained from the school, 18 semester hours or 27 quarter hours should be considered as satisfying the 1 year of full-time study requirement. Part-time graduate education is creditable in accordance with its relationship to a year of full-time study at the school attended.
- When academic credit is expressed in contract months, units, or other terms that differ from conventional semester or quarter hours, it is the responsibility of the applicant to provide an interpretation of such credits from the appropriate institution in order to equate them to the semester or quarter hours specified in the standard.
NOTE: If your college, vocational, trade, technical or high schools' definition of "academic year" differs from above, you must submit proof of this difference (e.g., copy of course catalog that defines an academic year). Absent this documentation, you will screened for academic qualifications based on the academic hours as defined in the bullets above.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Grade Point Average
- Likelihood Of Success In Assignments Which Require Interest, Motivation, And Readiness To Do Simple Work
The initial cut-off for referral consideration is 05 January 2021; applications received by this date will have the first opportunity for review. Applications received after this date will be considered as additional vacancies become available.
Period of Eligibility: Your application will remain active for three (3) months from the date it is received. Unless deactivated due to selection or lost consideration, your application will expire at the end of the 3-month period. Once expired, you must submit a new application package to receive further consideration.