Are you interested in a challenging career where you have the opportunity to provide information technology (IT) support remotely and on-site? The Conservation and Environment Delivery Center is looking for an IT Generalist 1 to join our team of professionals. With offices located across Pennsylvania, this position focuses on supporting agency staff working in various program offices and job disciplines. Do not delay, apply today and bring your skills to our department!
As an Information Technology Generalist 1, you will have the opportunity to work within the Conservation and Environment Delivery Center (CEDC). This is a detail-oriented position that is responsible for providing Tier 2 IT (Information Technology) support activities for staff across all CEDC member locations. The CEDC is comprised of the following agencies providing activities centered around Conservation and Environmental activities for the Commonwealth: Departments of Environmental Protection, Conservation and Natural Resources, and Agriculture, as well as the Milk Marketing Board and Environmental Hearing Board. You will be required to have a thorough knowledge of both current and legacy software operating systems. Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Responding to incoming requests for service (RFS) via the ITSM tool, phone calls, emails, or walk-ins
- Providing technical guidance, support, and problem resolution for all technology related hardware, peripherals, software, operating systems, collaboration and productivity tools, deployments activities, network
- Providing guidance on business processes in the utilization of various CEDC applications.
CEDC agencies are located throughout the Commonwealth and limited travel may be required. Interested in learning more? Additional details regarding this position can be found in the position description.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Full-time employment
- Work hours are 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday - Friday, with a 30-minute lunch.
- Telework: You may have the opportunity to work from home (telework) full-time. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Harrisburg.
- Salary: In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- One year as an Information Technology Trainee or Information Technology Technician; or
- Three years of information technology experience in applications development or applications maintenance, networking or desktop services, web site development or web site design, or other information technology support/administration services; or
- One year of information technology experience in applications development or applications maintenance, networking or desktop services, web site development or web site design, or other information technology support/administration services, and an associate's degree in any information technology field; or
- An equivalent combination of experience and training.
- This particular position also requires:
- Two or more years of full-time technical experience in technology resource organizational structure, including user and resource accounts, security, and distributions groups
- Two or more years of full-time technical experience in use and support of accounts assigned elevated administrative permissions (Administrative & LAPS)
- One or more years of full-time technical experience configuring and supporting Windows devices connecting to 4g Networks
- Six or more months of full-time technical experience configuring and supporting MAC OS devices in an Enterprise Environment
- One or more years of full-time technical experience installing and troubleshooting UPS WorldShip software and Venue Management software
- You must meet the PA residency requirement. For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency.
- You must be able to perform essential job functions.
- The selected candidate for this position must undergo a fingerprint-based records check to be in compliance with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Criminal Justice Information Services Division (CJIS).
How to Apply:
- Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Your application must be submitted by the posting closing date. Late applications and other required materials will not be accepted.
- Failure to comply with the above application requirements may eliminate you from consideration for this position.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
- 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodations due to a disability, please discuss your request for accommodations with the interviewer in advance of your interview date.
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
- You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.