Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
The Counterparty Risk Data Services team is seeking an Application Systems Engineer who will be responsible for enhancements to the Counterparty Risk System (CoRS). The person that fills this position will be a vital part of our team and will be responsible for the design and development through a complete System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of Extract, Transform & load (ETL) processes using Ab Initio as ETL environment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Design and implement highly distributed, scalable and performant ETL processes - Staging, Data Enrichments and Strong data delivery techniques using Ab Intio as ETL environment
- Hands on ETL development (data transformations and data movement) using Ab Initio, Ab Initio Express IT, DQE (Data Quality) and Metadata Portal as key tools
- Effectively work in an ETL framework driven environment
- Identify key business processes and deliver subject specific ETL processes to load physical data models
- Support ongoing ETL efforts for Development, QA and Production environments
- Effectively communicate data design to other members of the team to ensure proper implementation and utilization of the data structures
- Partner with source system Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Data Analysts and Modelers to build integration and curated views of complex data sources into our environment.
- Work very closely with business analysts, development teams and project managers for requirements and business rules
- Work with Microsoft SQL Server DBAs in Enterprise Database Management group to troubleshoot problems and optimize performance
- Work on complex problems where analysis requires evaluation of intangible variance factors
- Plan, perform, and act as the escalation point for the most complex platform designs, coding, and testing
- Work with data modeling team to review and critique data architecture design and implementation work
IMPORTANT REMINDERS WHEN APPLYING
- Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
- Initial contact with you will be made via e-mail. Please check your e-mail regularly for updates.
- During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration.
- In your profile ensure that your email address is valid and updated to an address that can receive external emails outside of the banking network and is a different email address than the one you originally used when you joined Wells Fargo
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years of Ab Initio experience
- 7+ years of SQL experience
- 5 + years of experience writing relational database queries for stored procedures, query optimization and performance tuning
- 5 + years of experience supporting or designing complex ETL production environments
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 3+ years of Agile experience
- 5+ years of Metadata experience
- 5+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- 6+ years of source or version control tools experience
- Experience applying new technologies to business needs in a technologically innovative , change-driven organization
- Knowledge and understanding of uDeploy
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.