Pay Range: $30.00 - $38.00 hourly rate, depending on experience
The Machinist III position is one that understands how to read drawings, blueprints, or specifications and fabricate parts to required dimensions and tolerances. This position requires the skill to process raw materials into finished parts. The ability to set up and run manual milling machines, and lathes, and surface grinders as needed to produce these parts. Also required is the ability to run CNC mills and wire EDM machines to produce components and parts. Create CNC programing from component drawings and the ability to modify existing CNC programs is also a requirement of this position. This position requires minimal supervision and needs to have strong time management skills to meet project deadlines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Read and understand drawings and blueprints, and fabricate the parts to required tolerances, including a strong understanding of geometric tolerances.
- Follow standard job travelers and adhere to pre-determined best practices.
- Hand tap and chase threads.
- Run manual vertical Bridgeport style mills for manufacture of components and parts.
- Turn components and parts on manual lathe.
- Surface grinding of components and parts on manual and CNC surface grinders.
- Operate CNC mills and lathes and make program modifications as needed.
- Write programs for CNC mills and lathes using the machine interface or external software.
- Have strong mathematical knowledge to calculate basic angles and distances.
- Assemble and disassemble complex tooling and machines.
- Properly check machines for correct alignment and setup.
- Properly dress grinding wheels and tools as required.
- Measure component and part dimensions with variety of measuring tools.
- Calibration and maintenance of measuring tools.
- Identify proper machine function and perform maintenance when required.
- Work with engineers and designers in cooperation when building and fabricating machines.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Lead and instruct others in the proper use of machines in tool shop.
- Must be able to work well and cooperate in a team atmosphere.
- Maintain a safe and clean workstation while having a safety conscious mind set.
- Operate Wire EDM machines and make basic program modifications as needed is a plus.
- Write programs for Wire EDM machines using the machine interface or external software is a plus.
- Performs other Duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 2 years minimum of proven CNC Programming, Tool and Die maker Mastercam experience.
- CNC Programming Certificate preferred and minimum 10 years of experience in a machine manufacturing role, or an equivalent combination of experience and education to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
- Able to read and understand engineering technical drawings and prints.
- Advanced component and part measuring skills including but not limited to, machinist levels, dial calipers, internal and external micrometers, dial indicators, tri-mics, bore gauges, gauge blocks, and CMMs.
- Advanced manual machining skills required.
- Advanced CNC skills are required.
- 3D CAD and CAM software knowledge a plus but not required.
- Familiarity with 2D CAD software such as AutoCAD is required.
- Strong mechanical machine systems understanding a plus. (Bearings, Gears and Gear Boxes, Cams, Linear Slides and Actuators, Belt and Chain Drives, Punch Tooling, Pneumatic and Hydraulic Cylinders and Valves)
- Understanding and working knowledge of Wire EDM is a plus.
- CNC program writing skills required via machine interface and external software.
- Basic electrical and pneumatic machine control understanding required.
- Ability to interface with individuals with diverse backgrounds at varying levels of the organization.
- Familiar with TPM, preventative maintenance, and other maintenance improvement techniques.
- Strong communication skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word and Microsoft based products a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of window production machinery a plus but not required
MITER Brands is an equal opportunity employer. MI Windows and Doors does not discriminate based on religion, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, handicap, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other applicable legally protected category.