Do you like to multi-task? Do you have skills in Microsoft Word and Excel? Are you are a hard worker and a team player? If so, Snyder County Housing Authority is looking for you! Apply today!
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS, AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
The management aide performs work related to the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program, the public housing program, general housing authority activities, or by assisting the Executive Director.
- Part-time employment (Work hours Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- May occasionally be asked to change a particular day to provide adequate office coverage
- Hiring preference for this vacancy will be given to candidates who live within Snyder County. If no eligible candidates who live within Snyder County apply for this position, candidates who reside in other counties may be considered.
o Assists in the performance of a wide variety of tasks in administration, fiscal services, property management, occupancy and resident selection.
o Collects rents and charges from residents; calculation of rents.
o Verifies income for any changes in employment or composition of family.
o Assists in the collection, analysis, and evaluation of statistical data for use in planning and administering the Snyder County Housing Authority programs. Uses MS Excel for spreadsheet maintenance.
o Interviews new residents and assists in processing all necessary forms.
o Uses MS Word to prepare correspondence using related to the problems or inquiries directed at the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher and Public Housing program area.
o Receives and adjusts complaints from residents requesting maintenance work.
o Provides customer service to all clients.
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - One (1) year of experience in performing tasks associated with the management of multi-family housing developments, or properties owned or administered by public housing agencies; OR one (1) year of comparable business, industrial, or professional employment; OR an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- Based on your answers to the application supplemental questions regarding education, you may be instructed to attach a copy of your college transcripts to your application.
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided