First Quality was founded in 1989 and has grown to be a global privately held company with over 4,000 employees. Its corporate offices are in Great Neck, New York, with manufacturing facilities and offices in Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Georgia, and Canada. First Quality is a diversified family of companies manufacturing consumer products ranging from Absorbent Hygiene (adult incontinence, feminine care, and baby care), Tissue (bath and towel), and Industrial (print and packaging materials), serving institutional and retail markets throughout the world. First Quality focuses on private label and branded product lines.
We are seeking a Human Resources Manager for our First Quality Tissue facility located in Lock Haven PA. This position will assist in the planning, developing, recommending, implementing, and evaluating of human resource functions, policies, programs and practices in support of the organization’s goals and objectives. Partner with management and staff to facilitate success and communicate various Human Resource policies, programs, practices, procedures, laws and government regulations.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Being responsible and accountable for all Human Resources functions, including, but not limited to employee relations, organizational effectiveness, and leadership support and development within their assigned area.
- Partner with the department leadership team in developing and tracking execution of HR plan ensuring alignment with organization priorities.
- Coordinate talent management processes to identify and address competency, knowledge and talent gaps.
- Provide assistance with the implementation and administration of the performance evaluation program.
- Develop and execute in partnership with team members actions to maintain and improve employee engagement.
- Provide coaching and guidance regarding employee management and individual development plans.
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues. Respond to and provide guidance to management and team members on employee-related issues, complaints, or problems. Counsel, coach and assist management in handling and addressing employee relation issues.
- Conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Provide consultation to managers with respect to performance management, employee development, corrective actions, etc.
- Ensuring and maintaining compliance with federal and state regulations and employment practices.
- Analyze and evaluate policies, procedures, and programs to identify successes and deficiencies and recommend changes
- Assisting in the interpretation and development of company policies and procedures. Proactively ensuring that company policies are administered in a fair and equitable manner.
- Partnering with leadership to design and implement effective communications and recognition programs.
- Conduct exit interviews, analyze data and provide report with trends and recommendations for continuous improvement and retention efforts.
- Evaluate and mainstream HR process where applicable
- Identify legal requirements affecting human resources functions and ensure policies and procedures are in compliance.
- Lead and develop the Human Resources department, to strengthen competencies in leadership and organization development, compensation administration, HR systems, and talent management.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Master's Degree in Human Resources Preferred or Bachelor’s degree required
- 5 years of successful performance as a Generalist and/or other HR related role in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment preferred. High Performance Work Teams desired but not required.
- SPHR or SCP certifications preferred.
- Excellent leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Solid knowledge and understanding of state and federal employment laws, strong analytical ability, demonstrated perseverance, ability to maintain confidential information, and excellent time management skills.
- Requires excellent verbal, written and relationship management skills
- Must demonstrate diplomacy and tact while interacting with all levels within and outside of the organization.
- Previous Supervisory experience required as well as the ability to lead a team
- Requires constant discretion and judgment.
- Ability to work independently, without direct supervision, maintains confidentiality, exercise good judgement and professionalism and take initiative is a must.
First Quality is committed to protecting information under the care of First Quality Enterprises commensurate with leading industry standards and applicable regulations. As such, First Quality provides at least annual training regarding data privacy and security to employees who, as a result of their role specifications, may come in to contact with sensitive data.
First Quality is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification, or protected Veteran status.