At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
We are looking for an Engineering Lab Test Technician to join our team at TE Connectivity plant in Harrisburg, PA. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to join a tenured team of professionals in encouraging and diverse culture
The Engineering Lab Test Technician's job purpose is to work with internal product, development and quality engineers and laboratory personnel to execute and document test programs for TE Connectivity.
Your daily duties will consist of, but not limited to:
- Conduct electrical, mechanical, and environmental testing on TE products for the purpose of Engineering Evaluation and Qualification.
- Prepare samples using hand tools and soldering.
- Read and interpret mechanical drawings, wiring diagrams, circuit diagrams, military specifications and/or follow verbal/written instructions to build test setups and test equipment.
- Manipulate various mechanical measuring devices to assemble/verify product assembly.
- Utilize electronic testing equipment such as power supplies, voltage/current/ohm meters and various specialized test equipment.
- Review and summarize data.
What your background should look like:
This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Therefore only U.S. citizens or nationals, U.S. lawful permanent residents, persons granted asylee status in the U.S., or persons admitted into the U.S. as a refugee will be considered.
- A Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and/or 1-3 years experience in testing of electro-mechanical products.
- Soldering skill is a plus.
- Good manual dexterity and the ability to work with hands for periods of time.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project).
- Must be detail oriented and able to apply critical thinking to all job functions.
- Be available to work occasional short-notice overtime.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets
Travel: Less than 10%
Requisition ID: 81116
Function: Engineering & Technology
Technician, Engineer, Electrical, Developer, Aerospace Engineering, Technology, Engineering