These positions are located at the Hope Creek Resident Office in Hancocks Bridge, NJ and at the Susquehanna Resident Office in Berwick, PA.
Supervisor: Brice Bickett
Locality Adjustment: 26.04%
Relocation Incentive: 12%
Supervisor: Jonathan Greives
Locality Adjustment: 15.95%
Relocation Incentive: 19%
Positions are Non-Bargaining Unit.
Selectee will be subject to Office of Government Ethics Confidential Financial Disclosure reporting requirement.
The successful candidate will implement the agency's inspection program at a nuclear reactor site and serve as an onsite representative of the NRC to that licensee and the public. Such duties include but are not limited to:
- Managing, overseeing, and conducting inspections of nuclear facilities to assure compliance with design specifications.
- Initiating enforcement action with regional management approval when inspection findings indicate a violation of the license or NRC rules and regulations.
- Participating as a team leader on inspections of reported problems, incidents, abnormal conditions, or allegations involving or pertaining to nuclear facilities.
- Evaluating overall licensee performance and identifying areas which should receive additional attention.
- Managing, controlling, and directing the work of a small group of technical and administrative employees at the resident site for less than 25 percent of the time, and coordinating availability of the resident inspector staff for response to operating events, including accidents and incidents during off duty hours.
This position requires full qualification as an NRC inspector under Inspection Manual Chapter 1245, Appendix C1.
Applicants with significant experience in implementing the Reactor Oversight Process are preferred.
In order to qualify for this position, you must have at least one year of specialized experience at the next lower grade level in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE is defined as demonstrated knowledge and experience in nuclear plant operations, systems, integrated facility operations, and design. Such experience should have provided you with the full range of knowledge, skills, and abilities addressed in the rating factor questions that are associated with this vacancy announcement, specifically, your knowledge of and ability to apply nuclear industry standards, rules and regulations.