Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Our fast growing Asset Management coverage team within the Financial Institutions group of Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) is looking for a senior Relationship Manager (RM)/Corporate Banking Relationship Manager 4. The senior RM is responsible for growing Wells Fargo’s presence in the Traditional and Alternative asset management sectors. This individual has primary responsibilities for developing, maintaining, and generating revenue from a portfolio of clients and prospects in the asset management space.
- Cross-sells traditional banking products as well as capital markets solutions to existing clients and identifies prospects to add to the platform.
- Works closely with the team’s portfolio manager on proposing, structuring, and closing credit transactions.
- Works closely with Wells Fargo partners including investment bankers within the Asset Management coverage team, Treasury Management, Foreign Exchange, Corporate Trust, Commercial Real Estate, and Markets to best support each customer’s needs.
**Please note that this position can sit in our New York or Charlotte locations, and 50% travel is required.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: commercial banking relationship management, corporate banking relationship management, equity or venture capital investing
- Experience originating, structuring, and executing transactions related to corporate banking, other credit related products, equity or venture capital investing for critical or complex clients
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Asset Management within the Financial industry
Other Desired Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in a relationship management business where sophisticated corporate or institutional clients are served through Wholesale product offerings (credit, capital markets, traditional banking solutions, etc.)
- Financial Institutions or Asset Management client coverage experience
- Extensive client presentation skills and experience, and ability to develop strong relationships with client management teams
- Strong analytical and accounting skills with background in credit (eg. credit underwriting, structuring capital transactions, etc.)
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and accountability
- Proven ability to prospect and add new clients to the Wholesale banking platform
- Ability to multi-task and work in a deadline driven environment
- Knowledge and understanding of treasury management, debt capital markets, interest rate, and foreign exchange risk management, loan syndications, asset management, Asset Backed Finance (ABF), Futures Commission Merchant (FCM), Prime Brokerage, Reinsurance and other relevant Wholesale products
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. In addition state registration, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards. Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA review process at the time of offer acceptance.
- Registration for FINRA Series 7 must be completed within 120 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Registration for FINRA Series 79 must be completed within 150 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Registration for FINRA Series 63 (or 66) must be completed within 150 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
NY-New York: 30 Hudson Yards - New York, NY
NC-Charlotte: 550 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.