Ever wanted to work in a laboratory? Consider applying for this Material Technician 1 position to test highway related materials used by PennDOT.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
This Material Technician 1 position performs routine and research testing on a variety of highway related construction and maintenance materials including emulsified asphalt, cutback asphalt, asphalt mixture, crack sealants and mastics. These are primary materials used by PennDOT contractors during asphalt paving and used by PennDOT Maintenance Forces to perform preventative maintenance activities on roadways. You will be helping to ensure PennDOT is using quality materials to ensure Pennsylvania roadways are durable and perform well. Qualifications:
- Full-time employment
- Work Hours: 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM; Monday - Friday; 30 minute lunch
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: One year of experience as a Technical Assistant; OR one year of experience in the testing of materials used in highway, bridge, building, hydraulic, or similar construction projects and graduation from high school; OR an Associate's Degree in a civil engineering technology or closely related field; OR an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Based on your answers to the supplemental application questions regarding education, you may be instructed to upload a copy of your college transcripts to your application. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided