At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wholesale Control (WC)
The Wholesale Control (WC) organization serves as the front line risk management organization within the Wholesale Banking group of Wells Fargo supporting the Wholesale businesses with risk strategy, implementation, and execution. The Wholesale Control team is accountable to assess and effectively manage risks across all risk types and Wholesale businesses delivering an integrated view of risks, producing a sustainable control environment, and instilling a culture of strong risk management. The team is responsible to identify and assess risks, design and implement controls, and execute and monitor the controls to ensure they are working effectively to manage risk across Wholesale. Wholesale Control interfaces with Independent Risk Management and Audit to drive comprehensive and consistent implementation of regulatory and corporate risk policies and programs across Wholesale.
We have an exciting opportunity in Wholesale Model and End User Computing Tool (EUCT) Risk Management. The Model and EUCT Risk team is responsible for working with key stakeholders to ensure compliance with all regulatory and internal model and EUCT requirements. This position will have responsibility for developing the Wholesale Model and EUCT Risk Program in areas of Wholesale such as Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wholesale Control.
Individual Responsibilities include:
- Develop a strong understanding of Model Risk Management Policy, supervisory regulations (e.g. SR 11-7) EUCT Policy, and supporting Standards/Procedures in order to act as an advisor for the Wholesale business and monitor requirements for policy adherence
- Execute 1st line of defense activities related to oversight of policy requirements
- Evaluate changes to Model Risk Management Policy, EUCT Policy, and systems of record to identify key changes and elevate areas of concern
- Develop procedures, training sessions, or other materials to ensure stakeholders follow consistent processes and are informed of actively changing requirements
- Implement and maintain effective Model and EUCT controls in assigned areas
- Actively monitor requirements throughout the lifecycle for each model/EUCT and coordinate with stakeholders to ensure requirements are met
- Engage with various stakeholders such as the model/EUCT owners, development teams, Business Self Assurance Reviewers, Corporate Model Risk (CMoR), TRMO, as well as other stakeholders
- Assist with projects and other ad-hoc initiatives
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite, and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Other Desired Qualifications
- Prior experience in model and/or EUCT risk management
- Prior knowledge of SR 11-7
- Prior experience working with models, end user computing tools such as SAS, Excel, etc.
- Possess skills necessary to learn and understand regulatory policies and be able to independently identify potential gaps in existing processes and/or reports
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry
- Deep understanding of SharePoint workflows, InfoPath, forms and customized forms
- Prior experience building out processes, reports, dashboards, training, and communication with a wide range of constituents
- Strong leadership and influencing skills; able to gain support and cooperation to achieve results without direct organizational control
- Experience developing and maintaining working relationship with a wide array of people with limited supervision
- Ability to take feedback from managers and business partners
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid conflict management and decision making skills
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
NC-Charlotte: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000
MN-Minneapolis: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000
NY-New York: Min: $96,600 Mid: $138,000
GA-Atlanta: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000
TX-DAL-Downtown Dallas: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000
CO-Denver: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000
IA-Des Moines: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000
NC-Raleigh: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000
TX-San Antonio: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000
MO-Saint Louis: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.