Transport is at the core of modern society. Imagine using your expertise to shape sustainable transport solutions for the future? If you seek to make a difference on a global scale, working with next-gen technologies and the sharpest collaborative teams, then we could be a perfect match.
Tired of rigid schedules and overtime? Need flexibility? Then our Flex Work Program is for you!
In this part-time role, you will pick and choose when you can work using a mobile App. Flex your hours week to week - picking only the shifts that work for you.
At our Factory, you will:
- Prepare parts for manufacturing; pick parts based on system generated pick lists, breakdown packaging, prep job kits, etc.
- Distribute parts and kits to manufacturing operations throughout the factory
- Document part transactions using our Material Resource Planning system (MRP) ensuring accurate inventory and material shortages
- Safely work in a high paced environment manufacturing heavy construction equipment
- Quality is critical to Volvo. You will play a key role in building a quality product by keeping accurate inventory, supplying the correct parts and keeping a neat workspace
Grow with Volvo:
- Participate in shop improvement projects and initiatives
- Learn new skills
- Apply to full time roles as they become available (only if you are interested)
- High school diploma or GED, successful completion of all pre employment screening, including drug test and background check.
Able to lift and carry objects up to 40 pounds
Able to stand for extended periods of time
Able to stand and walk continuously throughout the shift
Able to bend, reach, squat, and climb stairs/steps
Able to adapt to a broad range of temperature conditions
Job Type: Flexible Part-time. Shifts up to 5 hours a day and 29 hours per week
We value your data privacy and therefore do not accept applications via mail.
Who we are and what we believe in
Our focus on Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity allows each of us the opportunity to bring our full authentic self to work and thrive by providing a safe and supportive environment, free of harassment and discrimination. We are committed to removing the barriers to entry, which is why we ask that even if you feel you may not meet every qualification on the job description, please apply and let us decide.
Applying to this job offers you the opportunity to join Volvo Group. Every day, across the globe, our trucks, buses, engines, construction equipment, financial services, and solutions make modern life possible. We are almost 100,000 people empowered to shape the future landscape of efficient, safe and sustainable transport solutions. Fulfilling our mission creates countless career opportunities for talents with sharp minds and passion across the group’s leading brands and entities.
Part of Volvo Group, Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by our purpose to build the world we want to live in. Together we develop and deliver solutions for a cleaner, smarter, and more connected world. By unleashing everyone’s full potential, we build a more sustainable future for all our stakeholders. Come join our team and help us build a better tomorrow.