ATTENTION ALL APPLICANTS: This position is located in the U.S. Census Bureau's Area Census Office (ACO) in State College, Pennsylvania.
In order to be considered, ALL APPLICANTS MUST RESIDE within the State College, Pennsylvania local commuting area.
Relocation will not be paid.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Supervise office operations, supervisors, and clerks responsible for supporting various field data capture and office automation activities.
- As needed train or supervises others to train, office employees on software, hardware and automation operations.
- Manage automation functions in the field and office for a decentralized workforce; the first line-of-contact for all hardware, software, and telecommunication problems, troubleshooting duties, and evaluating, analyzing, and coordinating automation operations to efficiently support office functions with available equipment. Conducts on-site LAN/WAN hardware diagnostics for infrastructure cabling and hardware such as router, switches, servers, mobile devices, laptops, iPads, personal computers (PCS), Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) telecommunications systems and printers.
- Responsible for the paper and automated tracking of property management to include: ensuring necessary forms are accurately filled out; property management systems are updated, and regular audits are performed and secured devices are stored.
- Schedule and coordinate data entry operations for optimal use of workstations and print devices. Manage the property control system for Office Computing Equipment (OCE), Mobile Commuting Equipment (MCE) and peripherals. Coordinate printing activities and assure that printers are prepared to handle large jobs, long-running print jobs without jams, breakdowns, and toner shortages.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that the application submitted clearly indicates that they meet the qualifications listed below. To be eligible for this position, you must have the specialized experience.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience
EXPERIENCE: Applicant must have one year specialized experience for this position that includes supervising a technical support staff, training office employees on software, hardware, and automation operations. Experience troubleshooting technical issues and evaluating, analyzing, coordinating automation operations. Experience working with various Microsoft, Apple, Cisco operating, and administrative programs. Experience working with and supporting various office technologies and devices including telecommunications hardware, such as router, switches, servers, mobile devices, laptops, IPads, Personal Computers, VOIP telecommunications systems, and printers. Experience tracking property management, reporting, and documenting lost, missing, stolen equipment. Experience scheduling and coordinating data entry operations.
EDUCATION: No substitution for experience is permitted.