Take advantage of an opportunity to work for an industry leader!
Trumbull Corporation has immediate openings for Heavy Civil/Highway Construction Project Managers in the Central and Eastern Pennsylvania regions. Since 1979 Trumbull has been building infrastructure projects in Central and Eastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Maryland. As a member of our Central/Eastern PA team, you will work with seasoned professionals who are building projects like the Central Susquehanna Valley Transit bridge (Shamokin Dam, PA) and thruway, Scudder Falls Bridge (Pennsylvania and New Jersey), and Hawk Falls Bridge (Hawk Falls, PA) as well as site preparation work for commercial owners.
Our offices in Harrisburg and Horsham, PA, are growing and we are looking to hire individuals who are passionate about construction. Join Trumbull and work for a company that is consistently ranked a Top 100 Contractor by Engineering-News Record and recognized as a best-in-class leader in heavy civil and highway construction.
What's it like to work at PJ Dick-Trumbull-The Lindy Group?
As an employee of the Family of Companies, you'll be part of a team whose core values are Safety, Quality, Integrity, Family, and Community. As a general contractor, our companies build for the communities in which we live and work. Every employee contributes to building projects that connect people and places. We invite you to learn more about working with us by applying today!
Provide overall management direction for a field project or two or more smaller projects and develop new business opportunities relative to a particular client or group of clients..
We offer an outstanding compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation and holidays, as well as 401(k), annual bonus AND profit sharing.
- Plan, organize, and staff key field positions through Vice President, Operations and/or executive management.
- Establish project objectives, procedures, and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy, including all project level administration and documentation.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with prime client and A/E contacts to facilitate construction activities.
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures. Monitor compliance with company's safety program.
- Review contracts and contract language with executive management prior to execution.
- Tailor and review subcontract and Purchase Order templates with executive management prior to issuance. Also review any requested modifications to subcontract and Purchase Orders with executive management prior to agreeing to changes.
- Represent company in project meetings, assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, change orders, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company's interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with clients.
- Continually monitor the schedule and profitability of assigned project(s) and initiate corrective action immediately when problems arise.
- Responsible for documentation and accuracy of quarterly profit projections for assigned project(s).
- Responsible for training and continued development of those reporting to position.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate executives.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Educational and experience requirements include: four-year engineering degree or equivalent, plus extensive (five or more years) experience/knowledge of construction, design, finance, and management required. Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance. Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc., and their impact on project activities vital; superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential. Significant business skills required.
Reports to Executive Manager, or Senior Project Manager, Makes decisions and recommendations, which can greatly impact corporate relationship with client and profitability of assigned projects. Acts without close supervision. Proven experience and judgment. Responsible for careful observance of corporate policies and objectives. Take proactive approach to resolving problems and disputes early in order to prevent them from turning into claims. Position has overall profit/loss responsibility for assigned project(s). Responsible for seeking out and obtaining education and training necessary to maintain profitability level for this position. Exempt under FLSA.
We are an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Federal Contracting Employer: We encourage Covered Veterans, Minorities, Females, and Disabled Individuals to apply.