Transport is at the core of modern society. Imagine using your expertise to shape sustainable transport solutions for the future? If you seek to make a difference on a global scale, working with next-gen technologies and the sharpest collaborative teams, then we could be a perfect match.
What you will do
As a Field Test Engineer, you will work within a team of test engineers to plan and execute a variety of on-road complete vehicle tests. You will become a local expert in Denver on Volvo methods of instrumentation and data acquisition with direct involvement with the Testing Technology team in Greensboro for when those needs arise. In this role you will have Field Test objectives to identify vehicle deficiencies versus the defined feature standards and communicate those deficiencies. You will use CANalyzer and other software to examine and document issues found amongst the field test fleet.
- Capable of adding, maintaining, and diagnosing vehicle instrumentation in addition to carrying-out additional requests for vehicle instrumentation from other groups.
- Experience with transducers, thermocouples, accelerometers, strain gauges and related DAQ hardware.
- Make critical observations of vehicle functions, feature characteristics and faults.
- Document vehicles faults in the Product Issue Log (PIL) system.
- Manage vehicle logging, data collection and capture Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) of the test object
- Perform CAN data analysis post and assign log data to relevant PIL’s.
- Perform, document, and perform implementation testing of calibration and software updates.
- Strong documentation ability and ability to complete detailed reports of the field test vehicle upon completion of test.
- Participates in departmental resource-planning activities
- Maintains an amicable and professional relationship with engineering staff including design engineering.
Your future team
Our team, Verification & Validation, is a part of the Complete Vehicle function for Volvo Group North America. We are a global organization using deep customer knowledge to break down customer features into technical requirements. We drive validation plans to reach the requested feature level and secure end customer satisfaction. We also manage the verification plans thanks to world class physical and virtual tests on the complete vehicle such as durability testing in rigs, fuel economy testing, reliability testing with customers and a variety of simulations and tests with trucks on proving grounds and open roads. Our skilled and engaged teams are headquartered in North America in Greensboro, with worldwide locations in Gothenburg, Lyon, Greensboro, Curitiba, Bangalore and Ageo, and Denver.
Together with us, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals. We have a strong culture based on our company values, which are central our work.
- We believe in a work environment where:
- We constantly strive for outstanding Performance.
- We are obsessed with Customer Success.
- We initiate Change to stay ahead.
- We willingly place our Trust in each other.
- We have a huge Passion for what we do.
Who are you?
- Do you dream big? We do too, and we are excited to grow together. In this role, you will bring:
- Product aptitude with a focus on quality and customer success.
- Self-awareness and product-awareness to establish purpose-driven metrics
- Ability to collaborates well amongst cross-functional teams
- Motivation with a desire to be part of the future of commercial vehicles
- Positive attitude that can cascade across the team.
- Integrity and trustworthiness.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5-8+ years of experience operating Class 8 heavy vehicles in real world commercial applications.
- Basic understanding of measurement technology for Analog Inputs such as voltage measurement, pressure, frequency, acceleration and temperature.
What’s in it for you?
- We offer a solid package of compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Generous paid time off including paid caregiver and parental leave policies.
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans.
- Working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first.
- Focus on professional and personal development through Volvo Group University.
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier.
- Want to learn more about these programs? Continue your exploratory journey with us here.
Ready for the next move?
Are you excited to bring your skills and disruptive ideas to the table? We can’t wait to hear from you. Apply today!
We value your data privacy and therefore do not accept applications via mail.
Who we are and what we believe in
Our focus on Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity allows each of us the opportunity to bring our full authentic self to work and thrive by providing a safe and supportive environment, free of harassment and discrimination. We are committed to removing the barriers to entry, which is why we ask that even if you feel you may not meet every qualification on the job description, please apply and let us decide.
Applying to this job offers you the opportunity to join Volvo Group. Every day, across the globe, our trucks, buses, engines, construction equipment, financial services, and solutions make modern life possible. We are almost 100,000 people empowered to shape the future landscape of efficient, safe and sustainable transport solutions. Fulfilling our mission creates countless career opportunities for talents with sharp minds and passion across the group’s leading brands and entities.
Group Trucks Technology are seeking talents to help design sustainable transportation solutions for the future. As part of our team, you’ll help us by engineering exciting next-gen technologies and contribute to projects that determine new, sustainable solutions. Bring your love of developing systems, working collaboratively, and your advanced skills to a place where you can make an impact. Join our design shift that leaves society in good shape for the next generation.