Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Qurate Retail Group comprises six leading retail brands – QVC®, HSN®, Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill® and Grandin Road® – all dedicated to providing a more human way to shop. Qurate Retail Group is the largest player in video commerce ("vCommerce"), which includes video-driven shopping across linear TV, ecommerce sites, digital streaming and social platforms.
We are looking for a Sr Software Engineer- Digital Marketing to join our growing Applications Development IT Marketing Team that span both HSN and QVC markets. You will be a visible member of the Customer Acquisition and Retention (CAR) value stream development team. This team focuses on the design, unit testing, and implementation of efficient, cost-effective application development solutions in context of email/sms/push marketing, Facebook Integration, Search Engine Optimization, Community/Campaign Management, Data Feeds, Enhanced Customer Recognition and Deep Linking.
You will report to the Manager, Software Engineering.
Who We Are
QVC empowers shoppers with knowledge and shares insights in a lively and engaging way. We offer an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products – from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry – and we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories and award-winning customer service. QVC reaches more than 200 million homes worldwide via its 12 broadcast networks and reaches millions more via multiple streaming services, websites, mobile apps and social pages.
- You will formulate/define technical specifications via UML, functional flows and other visualizations.
- You will develop custom applications to meet distinct and changing our requirements.
- You will function within a SCRUM or KANBAN team and participate in planning, analysis, design, testing, production rollout, bug fixes, and enhancements.
- You will support the QA group in developing automated test plans, test scripts and preparing for production releases.
- You will provide post-implementation and ongoing production support as an on-call programmer.
- You will support and troubleshoot complex production problems.
- You will provide technical leadership by mentoring junior and mid-level team members via coding best practices, code reviews, unit testing, and integrated code modules.
- You will partner with DevOps team to establish a continuous integration / deployment approach on both on-premises and cloud deployments.
What You Bring
- 5+ years development experience
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 5+ years of Software Development experience.
- Java 8 or higher.
- Demonstrated experience with pixel integrations and invoking scripts from 3rd parties.
- Understanding of software architectures (micro-services and cloud native applications are desirable)
- Knowledge of Spring Framework, especially following technologies: Spring Boot Spring Datao Spring Security
- Knowledge of RDBMS and data access technologies and understanding of No SQL DBs
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment especially pipeline creation/management, continuous testing, automation of deployment (using toolsets such as Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, Sonar, Fortify, or Junit)
- Experience with containers (Docker)Strong experience with Jira / GIT / Bitbucket / Stash related tooling for modern software engineering.
- Experience in Microsoft-centric web development skills (IIS , ASP.NET MVC, C#, Web API). In-depth knowledge of Internet protocols and applications. Beneficial if candidate possesses the following:
- Experience working with Tagging tools such as Tealium or Google Tag Manager
- Experience working within Adobe AEM Agile SCRUM and test-driven development experience.24/7 E-Commerce experience.
Remote work is not permitted in NYC at this time.