We are seeking a motivated candidate to be part of the Potter County Human Services team as a Mental Health Program Specialist 1. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who values working with the adults and children of Potter County while coordinating and providing them with needed services.
You will also have the opportunity to use your interpersonal skills while working closely with various agencies within the State of Pennsylvania.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.This position is responsible for coordinating the Child Adolescent Service System Program (CASSP). Position coordinates and facilitates group meetings of service planning between child service agency, is knowledgeable of services available in Potter County as well as State and represents the agency in a public service capacity.
- Full-time employment
- Work hours - 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m, Monday-Friday with a 30 minute lunch
- Hiring Preference for this vacancy will be given to candidates who live within Potter County. If no eligible candidates who live within Potter County apply for this position, candidates who reside in other counties may be considered
The selected candidate will also: act as the Housing Specialist and coordinate housing needs and lead the County Local Housing Options Team (LHOT); perform case management duties; program development; and maintain data bases. Travel is required.
Excellent Benefit package.Qualifications:
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: Two years of professional level experience in the field of mental health and a Bachelor's degree; OR any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Based on your answers to the application supplement questions regarding education, you may be instructed to attach a copy of your college transcripts to your application
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
- This position falls under the provisions of the Child Protective Services Law. Under the Law, a conditional offer of employment will require the candidate to pass a criminal history record check including, but not limited to, PA State Police, Child Abuse history clearance, and FBI clearance.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided