At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Product Engineering Teams optimize existing products from information or input provided by marketing, customers, Operation Teams, Development Engineers, or other employees. They maintain existing products, processes, and specifications, including modifications for new applications consistent with manufacturing techniques and economies. They also initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality and cost while meeting customer requirements. They may support and implement product extensions to existing platform products to meet specific customer requirements. They are the key experts in the products they are responsible for at TE.
Workday: MON-FRI 8 AM-5PM+
NOTE: THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION!
Location: Candidate must work locally at the Rt.230 Mt. Joy PA TE plant office.
Scope: PRODUCT ENGINEERING II ACTIVITIES:
This a full-time position, so the Product Engineer II candidate must be a USA citizen or have documented US person visa status to ensure no product exposure restrictions in an ITAR / Export Controlled facility. This PE II role will create, support, analyze, and assist in product data creation and maintenance at the part number and drawing level for sustaining Aerospace, Defense, and Marine connector systems products. The ideal Product Engineer candidate should be a fast learner with experience with aerospace/defense electrical connectors, related components, and industry-related electrical wiring interface standards (EWIS) and components. Expectations include a firm understanding of manufacturing processes such as machining, plating, molding, sealing, complex assembly, and industry requirements such as REACH, EU RoHS, and Prop 65 declarations. Excellent knowledge of Windchill, CREO, PDMLink, and other CAD / CAE / FAE tools will be necessary to complete the tasks assigned, including 3D modeling, limited simulation modeling, detailed 2D print mark-ups/generation, processing Engineering Changes in PDMLink EC system and updating Engineering Bill of Materials among other tasks as Product Engineer will work with local TE Staff and Senior Product Engineers as an assistant on a wide variety of targeted technical assignments, including engineering sample preparation, product test plan creation, plant level interactions with peer engineers, routine follow-up on sustaining engineering activities, product migration activities, test lab follow-thru and is accountable for completion of assigned engineering projects within project scheduling guidelines. They plan, prioritize, and manage multiple technical-related projects and daily tasks in the TECPN database, PDM vaults, PDMLink EC system, technical documentation creation, and TE Product Compliance Tracking database systems. Work collaboratively and closely with TE Project Managers and other specialized project employees.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s Engineering Degree - Mechanical Engineering required.
- Must have 3+ Years of experience with technology-based industrial operations of electrical and mechanical products, with demonstrated success in sustaining product or development engineering.
- Six Sigma skills & demonstrated tools usage preferred.
- Five to Eight years of Engineering experience
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $78,240 - $117,360 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets
Nearest Major Market: Lancaster
Facilities, Aerospace Engineering, Six Sigma, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Operations, Engineering, Management