Accountability and Scope:
The EH&S and Facilities Coordinator is accountable for confirming the Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) management system is being correctly implemented and executed by verifying that processes are in place and that there is supporting evidence to demonstrate. This role is responsible for proficiently performing EH&S activities such as leading the local Safety Committee, developing and conducting EH&S training, and participating as a liason with the Corporate EHS Team. This role also performs EH&S walkthroughs in accordance with the published EH&S procedures, conducts safety investigations and prepares reports and corrective actions, and emergency response oversight.
Facilities responsibilities include partnering with the property management company and various vendors to coordinate and schedule building maintenance and repairs. This role is responsible to oversee the warehouse temperature monitoring system (Climatec and Dickson), alarm systems, badge access and monitoring, building inspections, and environmental inspections. Assigned duties may be added as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Site leadership with management of the implementation of EHS programs and training.
- Maintain current knowledge of the OSHA standards.
- Act as a dedicated HAZWOPER responder.
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly safety and 6S walkthroughs to identify and action out any identified safety and related 6S issues.
- Draft, review, and issue safety communications.
- Facilitate Safety Committee meetings by scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, and publishing meeting minutes.
- Coordinate and schedule building repairs and maintenance.
- Oversee the warehouse temperature monitoring system and take timely and necessary action should any corrections be required.
- Coordinate and participate in building inspections, including environmental.
- Manage and monitor the building badging and access systems.
- Schedule and manage all required emergency response drills and coordinate with local authorities.
- Revise EH&S procedures as directed and monitors the effectiveness of current and new processes.
- Assists with the development of EHS corrective and preventive action plans.
- Support local OSHA site visits by meeting with OSHA representatives and preparing meeting notes.
- Organize and schedule local training as needed.
- Provide support and help conduct safety-related investigations.
- Travel as necessary to perform job duties, such as audits or gap analysis. (Travel <25%)
- Serve as liaison with Corporate EHS initiatives such as the EHS Framework and global EHS procedures.
- High School Diploma
- College or technical training preferred
- Minimum of two years of previous experience in EHS activities
- Previous experience working with SOP's and Work Instructions
- Demonstrated ability to be well organized and use time efficiently
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision
- Ability to multi-task and support multiple team members simultaneously
- Strong analytical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of EHS principles