Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Qurate Retail Group comprises seven leading retail brands – QVC®, HSN®, Zulily®, Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill® and Grandin Road® – all dedicated to providing a more human way to shop. Qurate Retail Group is the largest player in video commerce ("vCommerce"), which includes video-driven shopping across linear TV, ecommerce sites, digital streaming and social platforms.
Reporting to the Head of Content, we are looking for a Livestream Productions Operations Lead to join our growing Production team. Working in a hybrid environment, we are a collaborative department that supports creative, live retail programming at modern broadcast facilities. You will lead technical production teams in supporting high-quality, live, and recorded programs at scale in a production environment.
Who We Are
Live Shop Ventures is developing a next-generation shopping platform that is aiming to revolutionize the livestream shopping space. Based in New York, we enjoy the autonomy to imagine, incubate, and scale a new business model with ample backing, resources, and expertise from Qurate Retail Group. Our goal is to create the most entertaining and authentic shoppable moments for Gen Z consumers and the brands they love. We are looking for innovative, soulful, and passionate individuals who want to change and improve the shopping experience for the next generation.
- Manage daily operations and long-term planning for technical crews across Live Shop Ventures categories
- Hire and develop a team of production technicians, video/photo producer and production assistants that is growing and evolving - focused on continuous improvement and growth of the team through goal setting, feedback, and career development
- Evaluate and enhance the technical abilities of crews through development programs and individual feedback
- Provide clear support; act as an effortless culture builder, developing a collaborative, passionate, and creative team who loves their work
- Manage technical logistics for high-profile projects and productions ensuring goals and deadlines are met
- Work with multiple departments and with teams across the business
- Develop talent management best practices for production purposes and share learning with teams
- Build livestream formats from a production operations perspective and category run-of-show
- Create run of show and style guides for production operations both in studio and when on set
- Identify new feature sets and improvements within the application and working with the product/tech teams to deploy, and guide implementation to livestream talent
- Evaluate and assess quality of content being produced outside of Live Shop internal production
- Prepare hosts before each live, coordinating with production team to ensure host understands content type, product story, and important talking points
- Partner with sellers and hosts for on-set production along with livestream content producing team
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Production, relevant field, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience working in a live broadcast environment managing people and processes
- Experience with host talent management
- Experience in the live broadcasting industry
- Experience coaching on-screen performance
- Experience working with multiple personas and personality types
- Experience finding a 'diamond in the rough' and coaching them to be the best
- Experience translating complex concepts and methodologies into easily understood language
- Must have experience in technical production
- Communicate and display excellent team-building skills
- True collaboration experience across multiple departments
- Experience managing multiple programs from start to finish and the ability to hit all deadlines
- Proficient in Slack, Jira, and media production applications and equipment
Candidates looking for an exciting start-up environment and growth opportunities with significant earning potential - based on the success of the new organization - this is the company for you! Our compensation package is a combination of base salary, short-term annual bonus, long-term cash-based incentives and a Founder's Bonus for initial team members. Base salary for this role ranges from $140,000 - $160,000plus the strong annual and long-term variable incentives noted. Salary ranges are general guideline only, and actual salaries will vary and are based on factors such as a candidate's qualifications and geographic location as well as business and market conditions. This compensation package provides significant rewards to the candidate over-time based on company performance and personal success.
At Qurate Retail Group, salary is just one component of a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes a robust benefits package (inclusive of health & welfare), 401K match, tuition reimbursement and company discounts — plus an amazing culture!