Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
Technology at Wells Fargo is at the heart of what enables us to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. The Wells Fargo Technology team leads technology for one of the highest market cap financial services institutions in the world, helping 76.6 million customers conduct an average of 95 million transactions each day, helping more end-customers every day – both in the United States and across the globe – than any other division in our company.
The WFT team helps customers directly every time they do business with the company, delivering a true One Wells Fargo experience and ensuring their security, regardless of channel. WFT also helps customers by remaining trusted partners working with all lines of business to develop and deliver value-added products and services. To do this, WFT draws on the talents and motivation of thousands of technology team members across the enterprise. Altogether, WFT manages worldwide technology for more than 8,700 stores and 12,500 ATMs – larger than Starbucks and The Gap combined.
Within WFT, the Corporate Commercial and Investment Banking Technology (CCIBT) group offers technology and services to Commercial, Corporate and Investment Banking Organizations.
This position will report to the Head of Technology for Middle Market Banking Technology - responsible for technology strategy and execution in support of Middle Market Banking (MMB) organization. MMB serves companies with annual sales ranging from $5MM to $2BB. WellsFargo is #1 in the US in several MMB segments. MMB includes core banking, Small Business Administration, Specialized Industries including but not limited to Technology, Food, Agribusiness, Government, Investor Real Estate and many more segments. This role will be the primary point of contact to the MMB senior business leadership team from technology. This role will be accountable for the technology necessary to support the MMB businesses from Origination to Portfolio Management. In addition the leader coming into this role will also own the technology strategy and execution of Underwriting and Portfolio management transformation aspects of the overall multi-year lending transformation strategy.
All Origination, underwriting, portfolio management and other supporting applications in support of Middle market banking. Functions managed include execution and delivery of technology including design, development and testing
Position Responsibilities and Expected Outcomes
- This role is the engineering lead role to drive the underwriting and portfolio management platform consolidation for lo and medium touch businesses in support of MMB.
- You will have responsibility for all of the mission critical applications requiring very high availability and robust BCP and failover architecture and down time would have far-reaching impacts across the enterprise and carry significant reputational risk.
- Define technology strategy/roadmap, provide strategic technology perspective to technology and business executive management and recommend innovations, aligned with short term & long-term business/customer requirements, enterprise priorities and industry trends.
- Be the broker/author for technology solutions that efficiently and effectively meet business needs leveraging enterprise technology services with a bias towards consistency, standards and common solutions. Provide re-usable, scalable and secure solutions that can be leveraged across the organisation.
- Engage, partner and enhance relationships with existing vendors.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with other functional areas in the CCIBT Organization Enterprise CIO group and across WFT (e.g. Technology Infrastructure, Chief Operating Office, and Technology Risk Management) as well as critical enterprise partners (e.g. Information Security, Data Management & Insights, Enterprise Global Services).
- Partner closely with technology and business leaders to ensure that technology initiatives are aligned with business, enterprise and WFT priorities.
- Demonstrate business partner value by understanding the business, advocating technology solutions to advance business initiatives, incorporating internal / external customer views, and managing key financial indicators to the benefit of Well Fargo’s shareholders.
- Provide senior technology perspective on industry trends, competitive landscape and market/regulatory changes leveraging industry contacts, vendors, and strategic technology partner relationships.
- Manage and allocate appropriate people and financial resources to ensure that projects are completed within committed time and budget and align with strategic objectives.
- Assess current staff capabilities, identify talent gaps, and execute talent management actions aligned with human capital strategy.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 12+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years of management experience in technology
- 7+ years of application development experience
- 5 + years of experience leading and executing complex technology transformational programs across an enterprise
- 5 + years of technology portfolio or demand management experience
- 10+ years of financial services industry experience
- 5+ years of vendor management experience
- Management experience including large/multiple application development efforts within a small-to-medium size line of business
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to manage complex technology projects
- Experience with large-scale process transformation initiatives
- Senior level leadership experience managing a complex organization including senior managers, managers, individual contributors and vendor resources across multiple global locations
- Ability to recruit, retain, and grow high potential talent/teams
- Ability to effectively partner and influence at the executive level
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5 years of experience in supporting Commercial/Corporate Lending and Banking technology organizations at a large financial institution
- Experience with leading large scale and transformational technology efforts
- Significant experience leading complex technology initiatives in a large and dynamic segment of financial services
- Demonstrated vendor negotiation and partnership skills along with experience working with technology offshore vendor relationships
- 10+ years of experience leading highly technical teams and deliverables across diverse technology environments
- 5+ years of executive leadership experience managing a complex technology organization of large scale, including senior managers, managers, individual contributors and vendor resources across multiple global locations
- Demonstrated prior experiences in effective engagement with senior executives and external regulators
- Ability to effectively drive and lead change in an organization with Wells Fargo’s size, scale and complexity
- Demonstrated experience in building, leading, developing and retaining a high performing team of leaders, strong technical experts and high performing professionals in a cultural environment that achieves results through team member engagement and satisfaction
- Demonstrated ability to manage a large portfolio of technology efforts across several major lines of business and effectively partner/influence at the senior executive level
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the financial, operational, technical and regulatory drivers impacting a complex and dynamic global technology environment
- Ability to develop technology strategy, operating model & roadmaps with clear objectives and aligned with business, enterprise and technology strategies
- Broad experience across multiple areas of technology including one or more of architecture, infrastructure and application development with strong understanding of leading edge as well as legacy and distributed technologies to effectively manage the complex and diverse applications portfolio
- Proven experience as a highly effective leader with credibility from demonstrating strong business and technology acumen
- Highly effective decision-making/critical thinking/problem solving skills with a collaborative and results oriented leadership style
- Demonstrated ability to consult with key business partners and translate complex, technical concepts so that they are clearly understood along with the ability to effectively partner and influence at the senior executive level
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and partner effectively with regulators
- Demonstrated experience motivating and influencing groups or individuals across organizational boundaries to gain trust and confidence to make timely decisions
- Proven experience in establishing a vision, developing the strategy to support the vision, gaining consensus across key functional leadership through effective communication, and driving action towards the vision through the effective management of goals and objectives
- Excellent communication (oral and written) with ability to communicate at multiple levels ranging from technologists to senior managers and executive leadership
- Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.