This position is in the Environmental Planning Division, Bureau of Environmental Management at Fort Indiantown Gap (FTIG) and functions as an Environmental Specialist with in the Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMVA.)
Watch this video to see how you can make a difference caring for Pennsylvania's veterans working for the Department of Military and Veterans Affairs. Come join the DMVA team, apply today! Here is a link to the video on the PNG Flickr website:
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
- Full-time employment
- Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:15 am to 4:30 pm with a 45 minute lunch
This job entails professional environmental work to ensure that DMVA properties and activities adhere to federal, state, local and military environmental laws, policies, and regulations. Work involves working closely with National Guard units and Readiness Centers, numerous sections within DMVA to include but not limited to The Adjutant General, FTIG engineers, project managers and reservation maintenance personnel. Works includes ensuring that DMVA and the PA National Guard remains in compliance with environmental requirements such as NEPA, CERCLA, Clean Water Act and various other requirements. Examples of work include but are not limited to preparing Records of Environmental Consideration, Environmental Baseline Surveys, conducts site research through interviews and reviews of historical documents, maps and aerial photographs, reviews construction plans, renovation plans, blueprints, and National Guard training plans to determine environmental impact and conformance with environmental laws, policies, rules and regulations.
Please click on this link to see the full position description: http://www.occup.state.pa.us/OrgChart/PD_NEOGOV.asp?p=50365936
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: Two years of professional environmental protection program experience and a bachelor's degree, which includes 24 credits in the physical, biological, or environmental sciences; OR an equivalent combination of professional experience and training, which includes 24 college credits in the physical, biological, or environmental sciences.
- POST EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENT: This position will be required to obtain valid certification in 40-hour Hazardous Waste Operations, Procedures and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) training within six months of hire and successfully complete 8-hour annual HAZWOPER refresher training thereafter.
- Based on your answers to the supplemental application questions regarding education, you may be instructed to upload a copy of your college transcripts to your application.
- Legal Requirements:
- A conditional offer of employment will require submission of criminal history reports
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided