At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers.
As a Security Analyst within PNC's Security organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated intimate knowledge of the following:
•Evaluate, respond, and mitigate alerts that originate from the SIEM and the Cyber security product suite, e.g. NGFWs, IDS/IPS, Anti-virus, Web Application Firewalls, NAC Solution, EDR, etc.
•Demonstrate use and understanding of security technologies such as Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) & Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)
•Assist with tuning the SIEM events to reduce the false positives
•Extract the IOCs and behavioral characteristics of malicious samples and implement the proper mitigation (Sandboxing)
•Demonstrate the ability to scope an event to ensure the proper remediation steps
•Ability to demonstrate subject matter expertise on the one or more functions performed by the SOC
Perform operational support for the institution as a representative of the security organization
- Participates in activities, processes, and utilizes tools needed to improve overall security posture of the organization.
- Applies security concepts, reviews information, executes defined tasks, analyzes requirements, reviews logs, and creates documentation. Performs investigation and data loss prevention, data manipulation, and coordination of activities. Performs actions to address or mitigate risks and vulnerabilities. Reviews and defines controls.
- Advises on less complex security procedures and products for clients, security administrators and network operations. Participates in enforcement of control security risks and threats.
- Conducts security assessments and other information security routines consistently, with supervision.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAnalytical Thinking – Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Information Assurance – Knowledge of and the ability to protect information and information systems while ensuring their confidentiality, integrity and availability.Information Security Management – Knowledge of and the ability to manage the processes, tools, techniques and practices for assuring adherence to standards associated with accessing, altering and protecting organizational data.Information Security Technologies – Knowledge of technologies and technology-based solutions dealing with information security issues.IT Environment – Knowledge of an organization's IT purposes, activities and standards; ability to create an effective IT environment for business operations.IT Standards, Procedures & Policies – Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.IT Systems Management – Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of technical tools and techniques to guarantee service availability and ensure IT system performance.Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Software Security Assurance – Knowledge of and the ability to detect and prevent data security vulnerabilities of coding throughout the software development life cycle within software development organizations.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.