JOB ID: 23000163
Job Category: Health Services (Medical, Dental and Psych Svcs)
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a tuition free, home, and private school for over 2,000 Pre-K through 12th grade students. Founded in 1909 by Milton and Catherine Hershey, the lives of more than 11,000 students have been positively transformed through MHS’s high-quality career-focused education, nurturing home life, and extensive wellness and health care. MHS provides cost-free medical, dental, and psychological services to students. We do this through top-notch staff and state-of-the-art facilities, including a 40-bed health center, three school nurse clinics, and three dental clinics.
MHS is currently seeking a part-time Registered Dental Hygienist/Public Health Dental Hygiene Practitioner to join our team to provide preventive dental services and interceptive emergency treatment for oral disease as allowed by the PA Dental Practice Laws. The ideal candidate will also possess a clinical skillset to provide preventive dental care at 3 school-based dental clinics. Some responsibilities include:
- Provide comprehensive preventive treatment to patients including caries-risk assessments, dental/periodontal charting, radiographs, oral prophylaxis, scaling and root planning, fluoride varnish application, dental sealants, chemotherapeutics, and the provision of oral aids.
- Deliver individual chairside oral hygiene instruction and nutritional counseling.
- Plan/participate in oral health initiatives throughout the year and provide oral health education to students, sponsors, and MHS community.
- Follow OSHA/CDC guidelines for sterilization, disinfection, and cleaning of instruments and operatories.
- Maintain dental equipment/supplies and perform instrument sharpening.
Work schedule for a part-time employee will not exceed 29 hours per week, typically Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and occasional Fridays; hours will fall between 7:30 am to 3:30 pm primarily at Elementary & Senior school dental clinics. Part-time employees are eligible for a retirement savings plan, an employee assistance program (EAP), free lunches when on duty, and Hershey area discounts. Hourly pay rate: $24.05 - $31.68, pay is determined by experience.
- Associate degree required (graduate of an ADA accredited school of dental hygiene).
- Minimum of one year experience in general dental practice.
- Pennsylvania State Registered Dental Hygienist license, Pennsylvania State Public Health Dental Hygiene Practitioner license.
- Current Healthcare Provider CPR/AED certification.
- RDH - 20 hrs. of Continuing Education every 2 years; PHDHP – 5 hrs. of Continuing Education in public health related courses every 2 years; Annual OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens training; Act 31 Mandated Child Abuse Reporter Training – 2 hours from an approved provider.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- HIPAA compliant, maintain student confidentiality.
- Strong ability to build rapport and work with pediatric population of all ages.
- Computer skills and ability to learn new systems quickly. Familiarity with Dentrix & Dolphin dental software a plus.
- Candidate must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, as all MHS staff are role models for MHS students and HIPAA compliance/confidentiality is essential.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities.