At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
As a Signal Integrity Engineer for TE Connectivity you will focus on the electrical design, simulation, and verification-validation testing of high speed products in the connector and/or cable assembly, radio system industry—targeting high speed communications and connectivity within datacenters and wireless infrastructure. You will be expected to independently work on projects in the areas of signal integrity for product and system design including modeling, simulation, testing and circuit board layout. You will work collaboratively within a broader cross functional team of mechanical, manufacturing, & operations to execute leading edge products designs. You will be the subject matter expert for the signal integrity performance of a product/platform beginning with the initial analysis through prototype fabrication & evaluation, and production verification testing. You will tackle challenging design problems and utilize simulation tools to guide complex designs toward success.
- Subject matter expert in signal integrity design, simulation and validation activities through product development cycles
- Establishing signal integrity design performance/functional requirements for new products
- Performing signal integrity simulations for multiple high-speed standards on each product. This includes determining the correct simulation methodology and setup to use, as well as a good understanding of the criteria for each interface.
- Performing PCB design schematic and layout reviews
- Creating actionable recommendations based upon design reviews and simulation results
- Guiding connector design and component qualifications from a signal integrity standpoint. Making data driven decisions about the product functionality and areas for improvement.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a signal integrity engineering role
- Experience with interconnect design or experience with connector &/or cable/cable assembly design (high speed twinax cables, direct attach copper (DAC) cables), &/or RF antenna, RF sub-system
- Signal integrity analysis tools (Agilent ADS, Ansys HFSS)
- A solid understanding of electromagnetic theory and electrical circuit behavior
- Strong analytical capabilities to interpret simulation and lab data to identify issues and provide solutions to fix identified problem. SixSigma methodologies or other strong data analytics background a PLUS.
- Familiarity with printed circuit board design, fabrication and assembly. Proficient in Altium a PLUS
- Experience in project leadership, especially as it applies across design, development & manufacturing teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a global environment – able to accommodate varying time zones, fluent in English (verbal/written), able to collaborate with individuals across geographies
- Individual must be highly motivated, a quick learner, and able to work independently
- Nice to have Skills/Experience:
- Printed circuit board design, fabrication and assembly (Altium, AutoCAD)
- Test equipment (oscilloscope, vector network analyzer, BERT)
- Communication systems (high-speed servers, switches, routers, storage)
- Signal conditioning techniques (equalization, amplification)
- Connector and cable assembly, antenna, and RF hardware (RF interface to baseband) design
- Direct customer design and support experience
- Application and test knowledge of high-speed devices and equalization techniques is a plus
- Design experience with high-speed servers, switches, routers, storage, antenna, RF front end or similar systems is a plus
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets
Travel: Less than 10%
Requisition ID: 80958
Function: Engineering & Technology
Nearest Major Market: Harrisburg
Developer, Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Electrical, Network, Technology, Engineering