At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Engineering Project Management Teams manage cross functional engineering projects. They work with Product Management, Sales, Quality, Manufacturing, Finance, and other functions across TE to assure projects meet financial, schedule and customer expectations. They are responsible for defining and creating project schedules, portfolio management, communication and execution of programs, identifying resource constraints and working with management for resolution, while adhering to LeanPD processes.
The Project Management Engineering Manager will be responsible for the delivery of a series of Product Development Projects within the Aerospace, Defense & Marine Business Unit. As a member of the Project Management Office (PMO) Team, they will drive the successful performance of multiple high profile/value product development projects following defined methods and processes to achieve commercial and efficiency targets set by the business.
Developing relationships and maintaining a high level of communication with cross-functional peers will be critical to the role. You will be required to act as the primary owner of each project and to report progress to a senior leadership team on a regular cadence and at specific key Milestones during each Project.
Ideally based in or near Fairview, North Carolina however a hybrid or remote candidates will also be considered.
Global Travel is expected 10% of the time (when customers and restrictions allow)
The typical activities of the position will cover:
- All aspects of Project Management from project inception to completion
- Risk Management and leadership of Risk Assessment activities
- Development of the Project Business Case along with the Business Office
- Defining all necessary requirements for the Product(s) being developed by the project.
- Reporting on Project status and being accountable for project progress against the Plan
- Escalation of issues as applicable and utilization of project change controls
- Working with global multi-disciplinary teams to engineer and manufacture products in a regulated environment
- Managing and being accountable for a project budget, liaising with procurement to ensure timely acquisition of goods and materials
- Liaising with customers and suppliers globally
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline related to Engineering Manufacturing such as Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering; and 8 + years’ experience in a manufacturing environment. Similar industry experience, preferred
- Master’s degree and Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, preferred
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and the ability to build strong, credible relationships with multiple organization functions (internal and external)
- Able to take ownership of the portfolio and drive good decisions within and outside of a matrixed organisation to deliver results
- Clear strategic thinker with the ability to execute on priorities
- Self-motivated with the ability to perform in a demanding environment
- Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills including at senior levels
- Results driven
- A professional level of business acumen and good commercial understanding
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good level of IT capability with detailed experience of Microsoft Office (MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Flexibility, and a willingness to travel
Please note: This position may involve working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware or other items (collectively “items) subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required prior to releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE determines that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion, or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.
Managing and Measuring Work
Building Effective Teams
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
SET : Strategy, Execution, Talent (for managers)
Nearest Major Market: Asheville
Project Manager, Risk Management, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Technology, Engineering, Finance