As a leading Organization in the Maintenance of Pennsylvania's Highways, the Department of Transportation, Fulton County Maintenance Organization, is seeking to fill a CDL Equipment Operator position to support the maintenance of the County highway and bridge systems. Join the Fulton County Team with this exciting career opportunity!
Summer Work hours 7:00 am - 3:00 pm Monday -Friday.
Spring & Fall Work hours 7:30 am -3:30 pm Monday -Friday.
Winter Shifts will apply:
4:00 am - 12:00 pm
(Overtime responsibility 12:00am - 12:00 pm 7 days a weeks including holiday if needed)
12:00 pm - 8:00 pm
(Overtime responsibility 12:00 pm - 12:00 am 7 days a weeks including holiday if needed).
Starting wage is $16.72 per hour and is non-negotiable. There are opportunities for overtime and shift differential.As a member of the highway maintenance crew, operators perform a variety of manual laboring duties and operate equipment used for construction and maintenance work. Operators will plow snow, make minor repairs to equipment, and provide preventive maintenance for the trucks and equipment, in addition to other duties as necessary. Safety is a high priority for our employees as well as for the citizens of Pennsylvania! Apply today and make a difference at PennDOT!
Please read the complete position description for more information.
Successful completion of the Transportation Equipment Operator Trainee Program employed by the Commonwealth of PA;* This position requires possession of a valid Medical Examiner's Certificate in accordance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
Graduation from a Commercial Driver's License Training School;
Two months of experience in the operation and maintenance of single-chassis trucks with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating between 26,000 and 32,000 pounds and the operation of highway construction and maintenance equipment;
An equivalent combination of experience and training.
* Possession of a valid Pennsylvania Class A or B Commercial Driver's License with the Air Brake Restriction (L) removed or equivalent.
* Employees must obtain an active Tank Vehicle Endorsement (N) during the probationary period and continuously maintain it while employed in this job.
* This position is subject to Drug and Alcohol testing in accordance with Federal Regulations.
* All employees must obtain an active certification issued by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation in the operation of heavy trucks and loaders within the probationary period.
* The incumbent must be certified on 4 pieces of equipment (which includes (HT) truck, (LD) loader, and 2 additional pieces during their probationary period.
Pennsylvania residency required: This position is subject to the promotion provisions of a collective bargaining agreement or memorandum of understanding.
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.