Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Public Affairs builds trust, brand reputation, and positive business results for Wells Fargo. We enhance the company's societal impact and sustainability, execute strategic communications and brand management, and advocate for Wells Fargo's business priorities. Public Affairs includes these teams: Communications & Brand Management; Government Relations & Public Policy; Social Impact & Sustainability as well as Strategy & Transformation.
Reporting to the head of the Media Relations Center of Excellence, this position will focus on strategic media relations and external communications for enterprise functions. The successful applicant will manage relationships with journalists, reporters, editors and producers from key national print, newswire, radio and broadcast media outlets. Additionally, this person will devise and execute media relations strategies to promote Wells Fargo’s reputation as a financial services leader. Preference is for this position to sit in New York, NY. Other locations may be considered. The Wells Fargo job code title is Communications Senior Advisor.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Pitch and respond to reporters from key national print, newswire, radio and broadcast media outlets
- Serve as a trusted advisor and provide strategic communications counsel to business leaders
- Develop media relations and reputational management programs that favorably position the brand
- Write and edit a variety of communications including media statements, press releases and key messages
- Prepare issues management plans, in concert with senior leaders and partners
- Serve as a company media spokesperson on high-profile topics and issues
- Offer insights and influence decision-making based on risk or reputational matters
- Track results to ensure they are in line with intended outcomes and business objectives
- Collaborate across Public Affairs to coordinate work and ensure a “One Wells Fargo” approach
- Partner with communicators to create alignment and support for enhancing the overall corporate reputation
Communications & Brand Management delivers strategic internal, external, and executive communications for Wells Fargo and is responsible for driving the company's brand strategy. The team provides world-class counsel to accelerate the business and deliver relevant content to build trust, drive stakeholder perception, and protect and enhance the company's reputation
Depending on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date.
- 10+ years of communications experience in one or more of the following disciplines: public relations, media relations or corporate communications
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience developing integrated communications strategies and plans that align with business objectives
- Experience as a company spokesperson and working with the media on reputational issues
- Experience prepping senior executives and leaders for high profile media interviews or speaking engagements
- Experience with issues management and crisis communications
- Experience developing compelling content and leveraging multiple channels for creative storytelling
- Experience as a journalist or building strong relationships with journalists, reporters, editors and producers
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
NY-New York: Min: $130,200 Mid: $186,000 Max: $241,800
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.