At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Security Engineer within PNC's IAM organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh PA or Columbus OH
We are ideally seeking a Security Engineer (IAM/CyberArk Software Engineer) that will be able to work with Devops and automation tools and teams and has hands on experience with Ruby, Rails, Golang, Postgres, JS, Docker, GitHub, Jenkins, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Cloud Foundry and related technologies
- Provides subject matter expertise when applying security concepts. Leverages technical knowledge and industry experience to design, build, and maintain technology solutions. Responsible for deliverables related to project timelines.
- Responsible for working with architecture to take high level architectural designs and determine the specifics around implementation details (ex: sizing) integration details, onboarding and operationalization.
- Evaluates patches, updates, and ongoing maintenance. Determines impacts to existing solutions when new standards are implemented. Utilizes change control and other governance processes to ensure alignment of solutions .
- Develops detailed implementation, configuration, design, and engineering documentation. Build and implement solutions.
- Works with operational partners to enable transition and day-to-day supportability.
- Provides engineering support to existing technology in a production environment and collaborating with other groups as required. Seeks opportunities to grow a broad knowledge base to complement specific subject matter expertise.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAnalytical Thinking – Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Information Security Management – Knowledge of and the ability to manage the processes, tools, techniques and practices for assuring adherence to standards associated with accessing, altering and protecting organizational data.Information Security Technologies – Knowledge of technologies and technology-based solutions dealing with information security issues.IT Environment – Knowledge of an organization's IT purposes, activities and standards; ability to create an effective IT environment for business operations.IT Standards, Procedures & Policies – Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.IT Systems Management – Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of technical tools and techniques to guarantee service availability and ensure IT system performance.Network and Internet Security – Knowledge of the features, tools and processes used for maintaining network and Internet security; the ability to develop and implement safeguards for the prevention of intrusion and unauthorized access to an organization's network security system.Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Technical Troubleshooting – Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.