JOB ID: 23000156
Job Category: Ancillary (Lifeguards/Summer/Seasonal)
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a tuition free, home, and private school for over 2,000 Pre-K through 12th grade students. Founded in 1909 by Milton and Catherine Hershey, the lives of almost 12,000 students have been positively transformed through MHS’s high-quality career-focused education, nurturing home life, and extensive extra-curricular opportunities. Some students do return home over breaks and during the summer months. Many choose to stay at MHS. For these students, we offer the Year-Round Experiences (YRE) program. It operates when school is not in session. Also, students are required to return to MHS two weeks before classes begin in August. During this time, they prepare for the new school year. They also participate in Divisional Mandatory Student Return activities and begin VPA, and Athletic pre-season practices.
MHS is seeking engaging individuals to join the Year-Round Experiences Department (YRE), on a seasonal basis, as YRE Instructor (Level 2) to provide an authentic hands-on experiential learning activity, as needed, during scheduled calendar breaks (Fall Long Weekend, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Presidents Day Weekend, Easter, and Summer). YRE programming is designed to encourage students to remain on campus in a safe, fun, and nurturing environment. A variety of programs provide the MHS students the opportunity to explore a passion or interest in an experiential setting. This position is responsible for development and facilitation of content-specific programming while ensuring the safety and well-being of all members of the group. To learn more about YRE and our program, visit our YRE page by clicking HERE!
Work schedule: hours are flexible based on programming needs. Most activities occur between the hours of 8:15 AM-3:15 PM. There are 2 full weeks in August that are mandatory attendance (10 weekdays). All other opportunities are based on your availability. This is an on-site position that pays $19.40 an hour. Part-time employees are eligible for a retirement savings plan, an employee assistance program (EAP), free lunches when on duty, and Hershey area discounts.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Education and/or human services field of study preferred.
- Prior successful experience working with children in a school or organizational setting.
- Ability to design, lead, and facilitate programming for large and small groups of children and youth.
- Working knowledge of positive disciplinary practices and understanding of the developmental needs of children from Pre-k through 12th grade.
- Valid PA Driver's license in good standing.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and communication skills.
- CPR/First Aid Certification, a plus.
- Must have a desire to work directly with Pre-k through 12th Grade youth from a diverse background.
- Must demonstrate a high level of integrity, as all MHS Staff are role models for the MHS Students.