Milgard Windows and Doors is looking for a hardworking, dependable person to join our Continuous Improvement Team in Temecula, CA as our Continuous Improvement Coordinator. This is a day shift position Monday-Friday 6:00am-2:45 pm. Compensation range is $25.00-$28.00 per hour. If you take pride in what you do and have a desire to tackle new challenges, then we have an opportunity for you!
Collaborate with Management to establish and manage a portfolio of process improvement projects that support safety, quality, and business objectives of the facility. The position will assist in all facility Continuous Improvement (CI) Activities including but not limited to: implementation of CI methods such as RHEO Smart Video, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, 5 Why Problem Solving, A3 Projects and Data Analysis to drive out waste and improve performance. This includes promoting professional development of facility Leads, Supervisors, and Managers by being a leading, proactive change agent that drives a CI culture.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for process improvements related to safety, quality and/or productivity.
- Document, communicate, and analyze daily reports related to production such as efficiencies, 5S, etc.
- Identify impactful, high value process improvement projects and prioritize the projects to achieve objectives.
- Properly resource the improvement projects for timely completion. This includes identifying and deploying project leaders, team members and financial support as required by the improvement project.
- Manage multiple improvement projects and ensure all projects are properly planned and tracked through sustainment of improvements.
- Identify and remove barriers to team progress.
- Provide coaching to project leaders and teams to ensure that proper problem-solving techniques are used, and robust solutions are implemented.
- Motivate teams to drive change and achieve results.
- Ensure that project team members receive review and feedback on their performance.
- Document and communicate status of projects in the portfolio on a regular basis.
- Actively engage and support all safety, quality, and business initiatives to ensure changes are deployed using best practices. Includes line changes, new equipment, and processes.
- Maintain the capacity to conduct improvement projects within the facility.
- Continue to develop capabilities with external training on “best in class” continuous improvement methods and techniques.
- Work with other Coordinators from other facilities to:
- Identify and deploy applicable process improvements from other facilities.
- Communicate potential improvements for other facilities.
- Identify and conduct cross facility improvement projects.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned in support of facility objectives.
- Minimum of an Associate degree, Bachelor preferred, and/or 3-5 years of manufacturing experience with ability to demonstrate Lean / CI experience.
- Results oriented “change agent”.
- Project development and management experience a plus.
- Timely decision maker.
- Able to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently when directed.
- Must be willing to flex schedule, as needed, to support projects on all shifts.
- Open to changes from internal and external pressures.
- Strong understanding of Continuous Improvement methods and techniques
- Experience in Lean and Six Sigma is strongly desirable
- Strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Microsoft Excel capabilities required. Must be capable of writing formulas, creating pivot charts, etc.
- Effective communicator:
- Able to develop and maintain working relationship with individuals from diverse backgrounds and varying levels of the organization.
- Effective Influencing, negotiating and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Microsoft Word and Power Point capabilities strongly desirable.
- Able to travel as needed
Why work at MITER Brands?
Our benefits package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness for you and your eligible spouse/dependents. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a 401k with company match and generous paid time off to help you balance your life. Our medical plans include a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) or Health Savings Account (HSA) option to help you save for healthcare costs. Below is a list of benefits you will enjoy while working with our company.
- Medical plans with HRA or HSA options
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Supplemental Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurance
- Company paid Short-Term Disability
- Company paid Long-Term Disability
- Paid time off (PTO), including Vacation, Personal, and 8 paid Holidays
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Yearly Wellness Clinic
Milgard/MI Windows and Doors is experiencing strong growth, creating opportunities for our team members. This role is a great opportunity to learn about our business and show what you can do to build great products, processes, and people within an organization.
If you are interested in the Continuous Improvement Coordinator in Temecula, CA, please apply now. We have built our success on our foundational philosophy of Respect, Service, and Excellence. MI Windows & Doors is a great place to grow your career as we continue to build an even greater organization!
MITER Brands is an equal opportunity employer. MI Windows and Doors does not discriminate based on religion, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, handicap, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other applicable legally protected category.
Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals