Polk Center is looking for someone to provide food service work at our facility located in Venango County, Pennsylvania. If you enjoy working with food and people, we've got the job for you! We offer a competitive salary and state benefits including health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance coverage, excellent vacation, sick, and holiday leave package, and retirement plan.
The employee assigned to this position performs a variety of tasks including portioning and assembling foods; calling diet orders for tray assembly; transporting food carts to individual's areas; daily cleaning of dishes, trays, pots and pans, equipment and work area; receiving and issuing food and supplies to insure individuals of the correct servings of food at the appropriate time and in a clean surrounding.
Read the complete position description for more information.
No prior experience is required although any generalized food production/service is helpful, especially if it has been in in an institutional setting such as a hospital or nursing home.
- Be able to perform essential job functions.
- Legal Requirements:
- This position comes under the provisions of the Older Adult Protective Services Act.
- Under the Act, a conditional offer of employment will require submission and approval of satisfactory criminal history reports, including but not limited to, PA State Police and FBI clearance.
- Commonwealth employment requirement:
- A conditional offer of employment will require satisfactory completion of a medical examination.
Part time schedule that may include days, afternoons, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
20 Hours per week.
Dietary shifts are 5:15 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.; 5:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.; and 9:30 am to 6:00 p.m. Assigned Shift and schedule to be determined after realignment of current staff. Overtime, including mandatory, may be required as needed.
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.