At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Energy Business Unit is currently seeking a regional Ops Finance controller for our AMS region with a preferred location within Mexico or USA. The regional Ops controller is responsible for the financial performance of operational and supply chain activities in the AMS region. This position reports directly to the Director of Finance global operation and will closely partner with the AMS Operations Sr. director.
The Energy Business Unit is a $0.9 billion business with over 2800 employees and over 7 manufacturing sites, in EMEA, US, Mexico and China.
The America Operations Controller must be an exceptional business partner and leader for our 2 main America manufacturing sites in Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina, and Juarez, Mexico, in addition to non-plant activities in SAM. The position oversees the Operations Controlling in Fuquay-Varina, NC, and Juarez, Mexico. Key responsibilities are to review, analyze, and interpret financial data, partner with Operations Management to achieve financial results, prepare financial forecasts and budgets, and work proactively across the teams for continuous improvement.
- Prepare and deliver consolidated financial information related to operational plant performance, including standard costs, hourly rates, and cost improvements in compliance with TE Financial manual policies and practices.
- Performing cost center control, including cost center accounting, cost savings review, and tracking.
- Ensure strong compliance & culture with TE policies assets
- Guide the wall-to-wall annual stock count in FV with the Operations team.
- Lead the annual cost roll, assessing and proactively communicating the impact to the relevant stakeholders.
- Provide analysis of the financial impact of decisions made in the plant, such as footprint migration projects, make or buy decision support, or post transactional analyses and project audits.
- Manage a team of 5 in two manufacturing sites fostering a spirit of talent development.
- Proactively communicate with Management in a transparent manner.
- Provides information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and making recommendations.
- Supervise, develop, and standardize reporting processes. Increase productivity by enabling automation steps, eliminating duplications, and coordinating information requirements.
- Ensure the SOX and Policy Standards and be the first point of contact for the Audits (external and internal)
What your background should look like:
- University degree in finance, accounting, or business management.
- 8+ years’ experience in Controlling and Finance assignments of increasing responsibility, including manufacturing finance experience related to budgeting, forecasting processes, and consolidation
- Proven track record of partnering with business functional leaders
- Prior experience in a standard cost manufacturing environment
- Understanding of manufacturing organizations, manufacturing budgeting, forecasting processes, and functional expenses
- Natural curiosity about business operations and processes
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage high-performing teams as well as to develop direct reports and other team members
- Positive and energetic approach with a ‘can do’ attitude and an open personality
- Accurate, systematic, and independent work style
- Strong problem-solving, strategic thinking, and analytical skills.
- Decision maker and ability to influence others.
- Able to link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives, and drive positive change
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Comfortable to work in a fast-paced, international matrix organization
- Ability to act comfortably around higher management
- Comprehensive understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Knowledge of SAP, HFM, Business Objects, or similar.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and data consolidation tools.
SET : Strategy, Execution, Talent (for managers)
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $125,120 – $187,600 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets
Nearest Major Market: Raleigh
Operations Manager, Supply Chain, Accounting, Equity, ERP, Operations, Technology, Finance