At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Quantitative Analytics and Model Development Analyst within PNC's Marketing Budget Optimization Team, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Under general supervision, performs advanced quantitative analyses and models development to support decision-making by running quantitative strategies.
- Analyzes and develops new model frameworks by supporting the line of business. Refines, monitors, and reviews existing models. Conducts on-going communication with model owners and model developers during the course of the review. Works with large data to create models.
- Performs quantitative analysis and develops reports. Performs qualitative and quantitative assessments of all aspects of models including theoretical aspects, model design and implementation as well as data quality and integrity. Analyzes complex data and associated quantitative analysis.
- Uses quantitative tools and techniques to measure and analyze model risks and reaches conclusions on strengths and limitations of the model.
- Prepares and analyzes detailed documents for validation and regulatory compliance, using applicable templates.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesBank Quantitative Analysis – Knowledge of and ability to use numerical methods to develop statistical models for devising trading strategies.Consulting – Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Data Gathering and Reporting – Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data in a particular department or division of a company.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Predictive Analytics – Knowledge of, experience with and ability to use the tools, processes and practices for predicting business trends and providing forecasts that drive business decisions and business planning.Quantitative Techniques – Knowledge of and ability to use quantitative tools and techniques to measure and analyze risks.Regulatory Environment - Financial Services – Knowledge of and ability to help an organization adapt to applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practices.Testing – Knowledge of and ability to plan, implement and manage testing strategies, policies and practices that assure the delivery of high quality applications.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.