At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Security Engineer Sr within PNC's Cyber Security organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh PA.
- Provides subject matter expertise when applying security concepts. Works as an engineering lead. Leverages technical knowledge and industry experience to design, build and maintain technology solutions. Responsible for deliverables related to program timelines.
- Responsible for working with architecture to take high level architectural designs and determining the specifics around implementation details (ex: sizing) integration details, onboarding and operationalization. Provides environmental expertise when engaged in the review of capabilities and/or functions, including the road map planning process. Is the identified capability owner for future enhancement requests.
- Leads in the evaluation of patches, updates, ongoing maintenance. Determines impacts to existing solutions when new standards are implemented. Drives collaboration with the operations team to identify pain points and implement corrective actions, and additional functions/features. Utilizes change control and other governance processes to ensure alignment of solutions.
- Develops detailed implementation, configuration, design, and engineering documentation. Build and implement solution.
- Works with operation partners to enable transition and day-to-day supportability.
- Provides engineering support to existing technology in a production environment, collaborating with other groups as required. Seeks opportunities to grow broad knowledge base to complement specific subject matter expertise. Provides mentoring and knowledge sharing with other members of the team.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAnalytical Thinking – Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Information Security Management – Knowledge of and the ability to manage the processes, tools, techniques and practices for assuring adherence to standards associated with accessing, altering and protecting organizational data.Information Security Technologies – Knowledge of technologies and technology-based solutions dealing with information security issues.IT Environment – Knowledge of an organization's IT purposes, activities and standards; ability to create an effective IT environment for business operations.IT Standards, Procedures & Policies – Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.Knowledge of Organization – Knowledge of the organization's vision, structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles, values, and code of ethics; ability to apply this understanding appropriately to diverse situations.Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.