Fiscal Management Specialist 2
Commonwealth of PA
Dauphin County, PA
The Pennsylvania Commission on Crime & Delinquency is looking for a highly motivated detail oriented person is join their team as an Fiscal Management Specialist 2. This position is within the Office of Financial Management and Administration, Grants Management Division.
The PCCD's mission is to enhance the quality, coordination and planning within the criminal and juvenile justice systems, to facilitate the delivery of services to victims of crime, and to increase the safety of our communities.
If this type of work interests you, apply today!
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
Work Hours: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday-Friday; 1 hour lunch
This position is responsible for the financial management of assigned funding stream(s) and for the administration and monitoring of subgrants within those funding stream(s). This position is responsible for ensuring that all funds are used in accordance with appropriate laws, regulations and guidelines. This position is also responsible for tracking and monitoring the appropriation/federal award expenditures, commitments and available balances including the PCCD administration portion of each appropriation/federal award.
• Subgrant Application Process - Assist program staff and managers in the development and release of PCCD funding announcements to ensure that state and federal funding being announced is appropriate for its intended use.
• Financial Review - Determine that funds will be used in accordance with the requirements set forth by the pertinent legislation.
• Subgrant Administration - Review and analyze subgrants and related accounts on monthly basis to establish and maintain budgetary accounting and expenditure controls
• Project Modifications - Review all project modification requests to ensure they are fiscally acceptable and properly justified.
• Monitoring - Assist in the monitoring of subrecipients.
• Budget Request - Advise Financial Management staff of projected appropriation amounts needed to maintain sufficient funding for federal programs in future state fiscal years.
• Legislative Hearing Information - Ensure that fiscal and statistical data required for the Appropriations Committee hearings is available in Egrants.
• Rebudget Submission - Advise Financial Management staff of projected appropriation amounts needed to maintain sufficient funding for federal programs in future state fiscal years.
Performs other related duties
PA residency requirement
– For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the
and click on Residency
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements -
One year as a Fiscal Management Specialist 1;
one year of experience in professional fiscal administration, and a bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, economics, or a related field;
an equivalent combination of experience and training.
Based on your answers to the supplemental application questions regarding education, you may be instructed to upload a copy of your college transcripts to your application. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
Must be able to perform essential job functions.
A conditional offer of employment will require submission of criminal history reports at your expense.See hiring agency contact information
You must pass a background investigation
Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to
and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS)
: 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
Score valid for this specific posting only
Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
Provide complete and accurate information or:
score may be lower than deserved
application processing may be delayed
disqualification may result
May only test
under this announcement
Email notice of test results provided
Share this job