Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
Regulatory Technology team is looking for a senior Application System Engineer to join the team. Regulatory Technology team responsible for Regulatory Compliance of Capital Markets Pre-Trade and Post-Trade obligations for the product of OTC derivatives, listed derivatives, Fixed Income and Equity Cash. The regulations covered include Dodd-Frank US/Canadian regulations, European regulations such as MiFID/MIFIR and EMIR and Asia regulations such as HKMA. The team expanding to support Wells Fargo's current and future regulatory obligations that could include SEC, SFTR, Brexit related changes, etc.
This role is required to design and develop regulatory platform components supporting various regulatory requirements and requires very strong technical knowledge of Java and a solid foundation of server design methodologies. Must be able to write highly functional and performant code in a structured manner. Successful applicant will help enhance, build and deliver application frameworks and specific functionality around Regulatory Technology.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Design, develop and support Regulatory platform capabilities, functions and processes
- Ensure use of the agreed technology/tools and interfaces to ensure smooth integration and platform availability across DEV, SIT, UAT and Production
- Work closely with the business analysts to review requirements to ensure appropriate level of detail is provide to the tech team
- Establish and document best practices around design, development and deployment
- Create relevant SDLC documentation/deliverables as part of standard project implementations (architecture & design documents, deployment diagrams, source code, scripts, any necessary documentation, etc.)
- Work with cross functional teams (Application Development, Business Users, IT security, Middleware/Platform, Datapower, MQ, and Coherence) to evaluate solution & implement high visibility business & technology initiatives
- Evaluate solutions, review system architecture, design and toolsets to achieve project objectives including usability, performance, reliability, monitoring, control, and security requirements
- Proactively collaborate with the managers to identify key solutions for regulatory obligations, risks, risk mitigations and review technical deliverables during the entire project life cycle
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 4+ years of securities industry experience
- 10+ years of application development experience
- 10+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- 10+ years of computer application development experience
- 2+ years of capital markets experience
- 2+ years of compliance and regulatory systems experience
- 8 + years of Core Java experience
- 3+ years of Spring experience
- 3+ years of Hibernate experience
- 5+ years of relational database experience
- 2+ years of Oracle Coherence development or implementation experience
- 5+ years of UNIX experience
- 5+ years of Linux experience
- 5+ years of SQL experience
- 5+ years of Object Oriented Design (OOD) experience
- 3+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
- 2+ years of JMS (Java Message Service) experience
- 2+ years of experience in microservices development
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
- Advanced experience in capital markets business and processes
- Basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical modeling
- Basic knowledge and understanding of SEC, FNRA, and international regulations for building technological solutions
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Act as technical thought leader and hands-on expert developer
- Act as internal expert to technology and business groups, enabling and supporting the adoption of tools to effectively support regulatory reporting needs
- Build strong relationships with operations teams, business community and technology partners
- Build, develop and manage a high-performing regulatory reporting platform to support investment teams spanning multiple locations
- Demonstrate outstanding drive and focus on delivering new capabilities to regulatory reporting platform
NJ-North Brunswick: 100 Fidelity Plz - North Brunswick, NJ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.