Transport is at the core of modern society. Imagine using your expertise to shape sustainable transport solutions for the future? If you seek to make a difference on a global scale, working with next-gen technologies and the sharpest collaborative teams, then we could be a perfect match.
Are You Looking for a Rewarding Experience? You Should Consider Joining Us this Summer!
At Volvo Penta, our employees know what it takes to make a teamwork! Being part of that team means that you’re working with a global and very diverse group of passionate, enthusiastic, and highly skilled professionals from all walks of life who work and play hard. Volvo Penta has won the “Great Place to Work” award two years running as well as being named, “Employer of the Year,” by Diesel Progress magazine! This is absolutely a great place to belong with folks ready to welcome you onboard!
Who is Volvo Penta?
The Volvo Penta vision is to be the world leader in sustainable power solutions, and world-leading supplier of engines and complete powers systems for marine and industrial applications. We have a history of innovation and enjoy strong market positions based on our current product and service offer with customers in over 130 countries around the world.
A Little About Our Team
The aftermarket segment mission is to create long-term business relationships with customers resulting in repeat business and new business from referrals due to superior customer satisfaction. The Product & Customer Support Department is responsible for technical support, warranty administration, and consumer relations for gasoline and diesel engine products for OEMs, power centers, boat dealers and end users. Distribution of technical information, authorization of major warranty repairs, claim and registration processing, and resolution of end user issues are the major functions of this department.
What is the Job?
We are now looking for an Intern: Warranty Administration to join us here in Chesapeake, Virginia from May 13, 2024 – August 9, 2024, to help us ensure our objectives are met for our year-end goals! This internship role will provide you with an opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment.
As an intern supporting our Warranty Administration, some of your core responsibilities will include:
- Learning how to use Volvo Penta’s warranty claim system and assist dealer claim handlers solve problems.
- Assisting claims processors as needed.
- Creating owner registrations for OEM supplied data.
- Extracting claim data from Global Data Warehouse for analysis.
- Improving dealer parts return rate using existing reporting tools and communication methods as well as creating reports based on data analysis.
- Receiving failed parts and assisting Reliability Engineering technicians in analyzing parts returned by dealers.
Education and Experience
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree—Bachelor of Art or Science in Business, Management, or Engineering—at an accredited school and must have completed at minimum at least 30 semester hours of coursework prior to the start of the internship. An applicant pursuing a degree in Engineering Technology is preferred.
- Maintaining a GPA of 2.75 or higher is required to qualify for this position.
- When applying to this position, please keep in mind that you must be a current student who is scheduled to graduate after August 2024.
- Must be able to start the internship on May 13, 2024.
- You must provide your own reliable transportation to work.
- You must provide your own living arrangements in the local area.
Are you ready to join a team?
Competitive, hourly compensation
Various employee discounts
A chance to show us what you got!
If you are interested in being part of a team focused on innovation and success, and feel that this opportunity is for you, we invite you to apply to become an Intern: Warranty Administration with our team. We look forward to meeting you!
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For all intern and co-op positions, the hourly range is set at $16.00 - $46.00. The hourly rate for these roles is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, academic classification, and degree seeking area of study. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.
We also offer the following benefits to interns and co-ops:
- Housing assistance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- Training and personal development
Where We Live…
“Hampton Roads” is an eclectic mix of coastal, urban, rural and historic communities that includes the cities of Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Virginia Beach, Hampton, and Newport News. Our test center marina is located on the water in Suffolk. We have beautiful beaches and state parks, and family-friendly attractions with Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens and North Carolina’s Outer Banks within easy driving distance. The area is host to diverse dining and shopping experiences to suit anyone’s tastes. There are so many exciting things to do here in the area that we highly recommend you come and see it for yourself!
We value your data privacy and therefore do not accept applications via mail.
Who we are and what we believe in
Our focus on Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity allows each of us the opportunity to bring our full authentic self to work and thrive by providing a safe and supportive environment, free of harassment and discrimination. We are committed to removing the barriers to entry, which is why we ask that even if you feel you may not meet every qualification on the job description, please apply and let us decide.
Applying to this job offers you the opportunity to join Volvo Group. Every day, across the globe, our trucks, buses, engines, construction equipment, financial services, and solutions make modern life possible. We are almost 100,000 people empowered to shape the future landscape of efficient, safe and sustainable transport solutions. Fulfilling our mission creates countless career opportunities for talents with sharp minds and passion across the group’s leading brands and entities.
Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.