The Department of Transportation Engineering District 8 Traffic Unit is looking for a motivated individual to fill a permanent full-time position in our 24-hour Regional Traffic Management Center. Apply today!
As part of the Traffic Management Center, the Regional Traffic Management Center Operators keep the region moving safely and efficiently through the use of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), improved communications, and incident management techniques. This is accomplished through the monitoring of video from closed circuit TV and making independent decisions during traffic incidents.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
Regional Traffic Management Center Operators monitor CCTV, 800 MHz radio communications, police and fire scanners, incident detector devices, and assess, evaluate and coordinate communications for real-time traffic and weather conditions. They provide travelers with information by activating Highway Advisory Radio devices and Dynamic and Variable Message Boards. They also dispatch Service Patrol Vehicle activities by directing them to incidents, activate AMBER and MEPA alerts when initiated by the Pennsylvania State Police, monitor weather situations and construction activity, and track and record all incident information.
- Full time employment
- Work hours: 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm; Thursday - Monday; 30 minute lunch
Apply today and know that your work directly contributes to keeping the motoring public moving safely throughout the state!Qualifications:
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - One year of experience evaluating and coordinating information related to traffic data, incidents or conditions.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided