Are you a human resource professional with experience in employee relations? Do you want to take the next step in your career? If so, the Office of Administration is looking for a Human Resource Analyst 3 to join our team within the PennDOT Human Resources Office. This position gives you the opportunity to manage employee relations activities within District 8. Apply today to experience the satisfaction of public service while working with a team of dedicated professionals!
As a Human Resource Analyst 3, you will be responsible for managing employee relations activities for assigned organizations. Work includes consultation, grievance processing, investigation of disciplinary actions, conducting Labor Management meetings, and providing training on employee relations issues. You will be handling highly confidential information and sensitive issues. Additional responsibilities include:
- Providing interpretation and administration of collective bargaining agreements
- Participating in and coordinating fact finding investigations
- Investigating and recommending resolution of arrests, charges, or convictions of any employee or perspective employee
- Presenting cases at Western or Eastern Joint Area, and State Committees as described in the Accelerated Grievance Procedure (AGP), as well as sitting as a panel member
- Participating in assigned unemployment compensation hearings
- Scheduling Labor Management meetings
Interested in learning more? Additional details regarding this position can be found in the position description.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Full-time employment
- Work hours are 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday - Friday, with 60-minute lunch.
- Work hours may be negotiable within the office's business hours.
- Telework: You may have the opportunity to work from home (telework) part-time. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Harrisburg.
- Salary: In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- One year as a Human Resource Analyst 2 in the area of the parenthetical; or
- One year as a Field Human Resource Officer 1, and one year of professional experience in the area of the parenthetical; or
- Two years of experience in the performance of professional human resource work, including one year of professional experience in the area of the parenthetical; and a bachelor's degree; or
- An equivalent combination of experience and training.
- You must meet the PA residency requirement. For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency.
- You must be able to perform essential job functions.
How to Apply:
- Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Your application must be submitted by the posting closing date. Late applications and other required materials will not be accepted.
- Failure to comply with the above application requirements will eliminate you from consideration for this position.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
- 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodations due to a disability, please discuss your request for accommodations with the interviewer in advance of your interview date.
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
- You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.